Middle Eastern and African Partial knee replacement (PKR) market was estimated approximately at just $5+M in 2016 across the five markets (Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and United Arab Emirates) covered in this report. By the end of the forecast period in 2023, it is estimated that the market will grow approximately at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 5.2%.South Africa represented the largest portion of the market in 2016 with 57% of the regional revenue, and is expected to maintain this dominance through the forecast period with a CAGR of 4.6%. Saudi Arabia is expected to be the fastest-growing market through 2023, while Israel will grow the slowest at a 4.4% CAGR.
As countries’ economy grows, the volume of partial knee replacement procedures is expected to increase further, primarily due to the demographics of an aging population and a trend towards early surgical intervention in younger patients. In the forecast years, launching and marketing a comprehensive large joint portfolio with a clear value proposition will remain critical to companies’ success as they jockey for market position. A long-term foothold within the global knee market hinges on how well companies can align themselves with the primary market force buffeting healthcare today: the need to deliver top-notch, cost-effective care.
Over the past two decades, there has been increasing interest in Partial knee replacement (PKR) as a means of treating unicompartmental knee osteoarthritis. Indications have expanded while previous contraindications such as age, body mass index, patellofemoral osteoarthritis, and anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) deficiency have been lifted. Technological advancements in implant design, fixation methods, and surgical techniques have led to improved survival rates, better patient-reported outcomes, and reduced complications. Interest is growing in robotic-assisted techniques, which are poised to optimize results and reproducibility. Cementless designs also look promising, although given the anatomy of the knee condyles, this might introduce more risks to the overall procedure.
Given the heightened competitive pressures and shrinking reimbursement, the average selling price for Partial knee replacement (PKR) implants is expected to decline. However, it is expected that the revenue from increased procedure volume will make up for this loss.
This report focuses on the market outlook for Partial knee replacement (PKR) devices in the Middle East and Africa (Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and United Arab Emirates). The analysis identifies the key unmet needs in the Partial knee replacement (PKR) market, discusses the major drivers and barriers of adoption, and provides an in-depth understanding of physicians’ perceptions and the future outlook for this market by segment and geography.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future Partial knee replacement (PKR) market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the Middle East and African market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that Partial knee replacement (PKR) manufacturers should expand into?
- What are the unmet needs with the current generation of Partial knee replacement (PKR) devices? How will emerging technologies fulfill these unmet needs?
- What are the challenges and complications that have hindered widespread adoption?
- With developing the next-generation of devices, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the Partial knee replacement (PKR) market?
- Overview of recent key industry events and analysis of their market impact.
- Annualized total market revenue, procedure trends, and market outlooks by segment and by region through 2023.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement considerations, evaluating market access in each region covered in the report, and implications of the emerging technologies in the market.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global PKR market. Insightful review of industry drivers, barriers, and challenges.
The report will enable you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of marketed products and technologies.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the video laparoscopes market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the video laparoscopes market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in country-specific video laparoscopes market from 2014-2023.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
1.1.1 Tobe Madu, MSc, Analyst, Medical Devices
2 Table of Contents
2.1 List of Tables
2.2 List of Figures
3 Executive Summary
3.1 Key Metrics
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.3 Key Players
3.4 Future Outlook
3.5 What Do Physicians Think?
4.2 Related Reports
4.3 Upcoming Related Reports
5 Market Outlook
5.1 Procedure Trends
5.2 Pricing Trends
5.3 Revenue Trends
5.4 Company Share Analysis
6 Market Insights
6.1 Middle East and Africa
6.1.2 South Africa
6.1.3 Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and UAE
7 Competitive Assessment
7.1.1 Robotic Technologies
7.1.2 Generic Implants to Address Cost Concerns
7.1.3 Advanced Materials
7.1.4 Emerging Countries
7.2 DePuy Synthes
7.2.1 Portfolio Assessment
7.2.2 Deal Analysis
7.2.3 Competitive Positioning
7.3.1 Portfolio Assessment
7.3.2 Deal Analysis
7.3.3 Competitive Positioning
7.4 Smith & Nephew
7.4.1 Portfolio Assessment
7.4.2 Deal Analysis
7.4.3 Competitive Positioning
7.5 Zimmer Biomet
7.5.1 Portfolio Assessment
7.5.2 Deal Analysis
7.5.3 Competitive Positioning
7.6 Other Players
8.4.3 Secondary Research
8.4.4 Forecasting Methodology
8.4.5 Primary Research Summary
8.5 About MediPoint
List of Tables
Table 1: PKR Market, Key Metrics, 2016-2023
Table 2: Middle East and Africa PKR Procedure Volume Forecast, 2014-2023
Table 3: Middle East and Africa PKR Implant Average Selling Price ($) Forecast, 2014-2023
Table 4: Middle East and Africa PKR Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023
Table 5: Middle East and Africa PKR Company Share Analysis, 20161, 2
Table 6: DePuy Synthes - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 7: DePuy Synthes - Key Clinical Trials
Table 8: Stryker - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 9: Stryker - Key Clinical Trials
Table 10: Smith & Nephew - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 11: Zimmer Biomet - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 12: Summary of Other Players in the PKR Market, 2016
List of Figures
Figure 1: Middle East and Africa PKR Market Share Comparison by Country, 2016 and 2023