Insights Briefing: Snacking With Meat uncovers the trends behind meat snacks’ stellar rise, and profiles brands and products capitalizing on the category’s new-found popularity.
Supported by the latest insights and data from the author, Insights Briefing: Snacking With Meat examines how meat snacks are tapping into heightened consumer demand for savoury flavours, lean proteins and convenient functional foods with a ‘raw’ and premium spin.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the trends driving growth in meat snack brands?
- How is chilled meat adapting to the demand for convenient snack formats?
- How do meat snacks align to the ‘raw food’ trend?
- How is ‘snacking with meat’ being reimagined for a vegan and vegetarian audience?
1. Meat snacks are becoming a mainstream snack option: principal types of meat snack, from chilled to ambient; meat snack launches by region; launches of meat snacks over time; major firms entering the category through acquisition
2. Meat snacks align to modern consumer trends: lean protein, raw and natural, strong savoury flavour
3. ‘Lean protein’ claims aim at fitness enthusiasts: Fori Savoury Meat Snack Bar; Itsu Beef Twerky; Leading claims in meat snack launches
4. Pushing ‘primal’, ‘premium’, ‘ethical and ‘crafted’: case study - Epic Provisions
5. Repositioning meat as a snack product: emphasising 'craft' and quality inputs; bitesize and single serve formats
6. Bagged meat snacks provide an alternative to traditional crisps: bagged meat 'crisps' (chips), dried fish snacks; driving growth in pork scratchings (rinds)
7. Beyond meat - vegetarian ‘meat snacks’: soy, tofu and coconut positioned as 'meat' snacks
- General Mills
- Fori Foods
- Epic Provisions
- Lone Mountain
- Field Trip Jerky
- Land O’ Frost
- Chef's Cut Real Jerky
- CP Foods
- Black Country Snacks
- Freshers Foods
- House Foods
- Mighty Bee