African market is facing severe concerns related to food safety and food security. The market for whey proteins is still in a nascent stage owing their high pricing and quality concerns. However, the calorie-conscious consumer preference for protein-enriched foods, coupled with increasing retail sales of whey proteins products is expected push African region towards considerable growth rates. Africa whey protein market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.3% during the forecasted period of 2015-2020.
South Africa, with its matured, organized retail sector, is expected to push shelf space for whey protein products, thus holding a major share in the African region. The South African dairy industry produces 200 million liters of milk per month, translating into 2.4 billion liters of milk per year, thus addressing growing demand for proteins in the region. Other African countries of Namibia, Nigeria and Botswana are expected to see increase in demand for processed foods such as bakery & confectionery, snacks and others, due to rising tourist population.
Agropur MSI, American dairy Products institute, Arla Foods, DMK Group,Milk Specialities Global are some major players in the industry. Their product portfolio, research & development, strategic initiatives and commitment towards meeting consumer's demands play a major role maintaining market stability.
This Report Offers:
- Market definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Africa whey protein market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of macro and micro factors that affect the Africa whey protein market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the Africa whey protein market
- To gain wide-ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain insight on major countries/regions where the industry is blooming and also to identify the untapped regions.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. Key findings of the study
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Rising tourist population
4.1.2 Rising population in the developing countries
4.1.3 High western influence for health and wellness
4.2.1 Undefined regulatory guidelines
4.2.2 High Production cost
4.2.3 Health/safety concerns when use is not regulated
4.3.1 Increasing prescription of supplements by doctors
4.3.2 Higher scope of application in personal care and sports nutrition
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)
5.1.2 Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
5.1.3 Hydrolyzed Whey Protein (HWP)
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Functional Foods
18.104.22.168 Infant Formula
22.214.171.124 Dairy Products
5.2.2 Functional Beverages
126.96.36.199 Wine Whey
5.2.3 Dietary Supplements
5.3 By Geography
188.8.131.52 South Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
6.2 Joint Ventures
6.3 New Product Launches
6.4 Most active companies in the past five years
6.5 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Agropur MSI,LLC
7.2 American Dairy Producrs Institiute
7.3 Arla Foods
7.5 DMK Group
7.6 Fontera Co-operative Group
7.7 Hilmar cheese company, inc
7.8 Davisco foods international Inc
7.9 Grande Cheese Company
7.10 Milk Specialities Global