South America is one of the most favourable markets for whey protein after Asia-Pacific. South America whey protein market registered a revenue of $414 million in 2014 and is expected to cross $XX million by 2020 with a decent CAGR of 5.9% during the forecasted period.
South America presents the most attractive markets due to larger younger populations that are employing whey protein extensively in bodybuilding and as dietary supplements. Brazil was the major regional market followed by Argentina. Brazil, accounting to over 66% of the market within South America, stood as the major market for whey protein in the region. Increasing western influence resulted in a demand for foods and beverages with functional benefits in the region.
Dairy, infant formula and bakery markets have experienced a consistent growth in Argentina. However, an increased demand for dairy ingredients/ alternatives and recombined milk was witnessed in the country over the past 5 years. Colombia, Bolivia, Chile, Peru, Venezuela and Uruguay are some of the other South American countries considered for this report.
Arla Foods Ingredients, Glanbia Nutritionals, DMK Group, American Dairy Products Institute, Cargill are some major players in the industry. Their product portfolio, research & development, strategic initiatives and commitment towards meeting consumer's demands play a major role maintaining market stability.
This Report Offers:
- Market definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the South America whey protein market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of macro and micro factors that affect the South America whey protein market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the South America whey protein market
- To gain wide-ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain insight on major countries/regions where the industry is blooming and also to identify the untapped regions.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. Key findings of the study
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Rising population in the developing countries
4.1.2 High western influence for health and wellness
4.2.1 Undefined regulatory guidelines
4.2.2 High Production cost
4.2.3 Health/safety concerns when use is not regulated
4.3.1 Increasing prescription of supplements by doctors
4.3.2 Higher scope of application in personal care and sports nutrition
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)
5.1.2 Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
5.1.3 Hydrolyzed Whey Protein (HWP)
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Functional Foods
184.108.40.206 Infant Formula
220.127.116.11 Dairy Products
5.2.2 Functional Beverages
18.104.22.168 Wine Whey
5.2.3 Dietary Supplements
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 South America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
6.2 Joint Ventures
6.3 New Product Launches
6.4 Most active companies in the past five years
6.5 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Arla Foods Ingredients
7.2 American Dairy Products Institute
7.3 Glanbia Nutritionals
7.4 Dairy Products 1
7.7 Agropur MSI,LLC
7.8 DMK Group
7.9 Fontera Co-operative Group
7.10 Hilmar cheese company, inc