Europe accounts for over 38% of the global market. The market in this region was mainly driven by highly matured sports nutrition and functional beverages ingredients. Russia, with its growing dairy alternates and functional food industry, is expected to be the fastest growing market for whey protein within Europe, with a CAGR of 8% during the forecasted period of 2015-2020. Europe was estimated at a market value of $2111.6 million in 2014 and is projected to reach $XX million by 2020 with a CAGR of 7.1%.
The major driver is rising demand for dairy ingredients/alternatives. Key factors driving this is the geriatric population in Europe, health-conscious consumers, increasing number of health & fitness clubs/centers. Increasing number of clubs and health centers is seen as a key distribution channels for dairy ingredients/whey protein products. Health and wellness trends are driving the need for supplement diet. This attracts consumers who have obesity and other chronic health related ailments.
The market is followed by certain restrictions like EFSA defined regulations, which restricts manufacturers to come up with products under set rules and guidelines. Health/safety concerns when use in not regulated. Opportunities that can be an availed in the market are demand for high quality protein supplements by food industry. As consumers are getting more health-conscious and Europe being a matured market, high quality protein supplements are must.
Spain is a highly matured market for whey protein followed by Italy within the European region. Large scale production of whey, due to native cheese factories, matured the market over the past decade. U.K constitutes the largest share; around 19% of Europe whey protein market. U.K population gives higher importance to fitness and clinical nutrition that drove the market for supplement diet. France is a slow growing market for whey protein. Germany is the second largest market for whey protein within Europe region. The demand for dairy alternatives was witnessed among lactose intolerant adults in the country. Italy is a highly developed market in the dairy sector. Being the leader of cheese production, whey production is very high in this region.
Fonterra, Glanbia Nutritionals, Hilmar Ingredients, Adams food, Unilever are some major players in the industry. Their product portfolio, research & development, strategic initiatives and commitment towards meeting consumer's demands play a major role maintaining market stability.
This Report Offers:
- Market definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Europe whey protein market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of macro and micro factors that affect the Europe whey protein market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the Europe whey protein market
- To gain wide-ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain insight on major countries/regions where the industry is blooming and also to identify the untapped regions.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. Key findings of the study
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Rising demand for dairy ingredients/alternatives
4.1.2 Health and wellness trends driving the need for supplemented diet
4.2.1 EFSA defined regulation
4.2.2 Health/safety concerns when use is not regulated
4.3.1 Demand for high quality protein supplements by food industry
4.3.2 Demand for personal care products
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)
5.1.2 Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
5.1.3 Hydrolyzed Whey Protein (HWP)
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Functional Foods
220.127.116.11 Infant Formula
18.104.22.168 Dairy Products
5.2.2 Functional Beverages
22.214.171.124 Wine Whey
5.2.3 Dietary Supplements
5.3 By Geography
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
6.2 Joint Ventures
6.3 New Product Launches
6.4 Most active companies in the past five years
6.5 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Fonterra Co-operative Group
7.2 Glanbia nutritionals
7.3 Hilmar Ingredients
7.4 Adams food
7.7 Hippwerk Gmbh
7.9 August Storck
7.10 Bulk Powders Co