The demand for crops has stimulated due to rise in the consumption of crops. Rise in the cost of seeds is one of the factor alluring the market. Increase in farm sizes along with crop rotations getting shorter are expected to drive the demand for seed treatment market. Canada and United States have been the growth engines that are driving the North American market.
The left over materials after the treatment affect the environment and limited dose capacity along with limited shelf life are some of the constrains of the seed treatment market. Awareness on the impact of biological seed treatment created an opportunity for seed treatment market.
North America has been witnessing a sustained demand for seed treatment and is among the fastest growing global market after Asia Pacific over the coming half-a-decade. The North American market for seed treatment is projected to reach US$2.7 billion by 2020. With an estimated share of 89% in 2015, the United States constitutes the largest market for seed treatment in North America. During the forecast period fastest CAGR of 8.6% is anticipated to be recorded by demand for seed treatment in Mexico.
Within this application category, insecticides constitute the largest sub-category, with an estimated 2015 share of 53% of chemical seed treatment demand. However, fungicide seed treatments are slated to witness the fastest CAGR of 9.1% during 2015-2020 in reaching a projected demand of US$ 1 billion by 2020.
Corn/maize is the leading type of crop for chemical seed treatment applications in North America, estimated to account for 32.1% of the total demand in 2015. In terms of CAGR between 2015 and 2020, however, demand for seed treatment applications in canola is expected to be the fastest among all crop types at 9.7%.
Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd (Formerly Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd), Advanced Biological Marketing Inc, BASF SE, Bayer CropScience AG, BioWorks Inc, BrettYoung Limited, Chemtura AgroSolutions, DuPont, Germains Seed Technology, INCOTEC Group BV, Verdesian life sciences, Monsanto Company, Novozymes A/S, Nufarm Ltd, Plant Health Care, Precision Laboratories LLC, Syngenta International AG, Valent USA Corporation and Wolf Trax Inc.A few have focused on horizontal growth by expanding their presence in emerging markets that offer greatest scope for future prospects, while yet others have been content to operate within their established boundaries and go in for vertical growth by concentrating on innovations in the area of products and solutions.
This Report Offers:
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the North America Chemical Seed Treatment Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the North America Chemical Seed Treatment Market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the North America Chemical Seed Treatment Market
- To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Seed Treatment Defined
1.3 Seed Treatment: A Current and Future Perspective
1.4 Current Trends in Seed Treatment
1.5 What the Future of Seed Treatment Holds
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Seed Costs Going Skywards
4.1.2 Price and Weather Volatility
4.1.3 Increase in Farm Sizes and Crop Rotations Getting Shorter
4.1.4 Greater Use of Multi-Component Products
4.1.5 Companies and Suppliers Join the Party
4.2.1 Concerns for the Environment
4.2.2 Imbalance Between Cost and Effectiveness
4.2.3 Limited Dose Capacity, protection and Shelf Life
4.3.1 Biological Seed Treatment Agents Fostering Growth
4.3.2 Fastest growth rate for seed treatment in Mexico
4.4 Porterâ€™s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Regulatory Environment
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
188.8.131.52 Other chemicals
5.2 By Crop
5.3 By geography
5.3.1 North America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.1.1 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.1.2 Perspective Based on Strategic Activities of Companies in the Recent Past
6.1.3 Leading players
7. Company Profiles
7.1 ADAMA AGRICULTURAL SOLUTIONS LTD (FORMERLY MAKHTESHIM AGAN INDUSTRIES LTD) (ISRAEL)
7.2 ADVANCED BIOLOGICAL MARKETING INC (UNITED STATES)
7.3 BASF SE (GERMANY)
7.4 BAYER CROPSCIENCE AG (GERMANY)
7.5 BIOWORKS INC (UNITED STATES)
7.6 BRETTYOUNG LIMITED (CANADA)
7.7 CHEMTURA AGROSOLUTIONS (UNITED STATES)
7.8 DUPONT (UNITED STATES)
7.9 INCOTEC GROUP BV (THE NETHERLANDS)
7.10 VERDESIAN LIFE SCIENCES
7.11 MONSANTO COMPANY (UNITED STATES)
7.12 NOVOZYMES A/S (DENMARK)
7.13 NUFARM LTD (AUSTRALIA)
7.14 PLANT HEALTH CARE (UNITED KINGDOM)
7.15 PRECISION LABORATORIES LLC (UNITED STATES)
7.16 SYNGENTA INTERNATIONAL AG (SWITZERLAND)
7.17 VALENT USA CORPORATION (UNITED STATES)
7.18 WOLF TRAX INC (CANADA)