The worldwide trend of maintaining sustainability in human, animal and environmental heath by minimizing the use of chemical pesticides is evident in the largest global market, too. The North America market for Biopesticides is largely driven by simple registration process, consumers growing preference for organic products and growing consumer awareness on the ill effects of synthetic pesticides on human health. The market however is mainly constrained by the growers low awareness on the use of bio control agents and availability of the products. Also low shelf life of products results in farmerï¿½s frequent application of Biopesticides thus resulting in increased costs. The North America region with the introduction of NAFTA has reduced the trade tussles between the member countries. However, there is still a product price gap between the US and Canadian region; increasing cost for the Canadian and Mexico growers.
The United States forms the largest Biopesticides market in North America, and Canadian demand is likely to register faster growth over the 2015-2020 periods. Crop-based applications accounts for the largest share of Biopesticides in the region. The US is the biggest user of Biopesticides in the region with a market estimated to be worth $1968 million, followed by Mexico and, then, Canada, where there is less prevalence of pests. Canada which has low user base for bioinsecticides and biofungicides is seeing prospects for growth mainly due government encouragement and synthetic pesticide bans.
The report is segmented based on types which include bioherbicides, bioinsectcides, biofungicides. These find applications in crops like cereals & Grains, oilseeds, fruits and vegetables and non crop based applications like turf & ornamental grass. Grains & Cereals take up the larger share of Biopesticides use.
The leading players in the market are Certis USA LlC, Marrone BioInnovations, and Bayer crop science among others. The key strategies being adopted in the market are of Mergers & Acquisitions.
This Report Offers:
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the North America Biopesticides market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising opportunities and global consumer trends.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the North America Biopesticides market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the North America Biopesticides market
- To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
1.1 Definition of the Market
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Description
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.2 Product Overview
3.2.1 Categorization of Biopesticides based on product segment
3.2.2 Biopesticides Vs Synthetic pesticides
3.3 Regulatory Environment
3.4 Trade regulations and policies
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1 Growing Demand for food safety & Quality
4.2.2 Awareness on the ill effects of synthetic pesticides
4.2.3 Low R&D Costs
4.2.4 Growing consumer demand for organic products
4.2.5 Simpler registration process
4.3.1 High specificity on target pests
4.3.2 High Costs and low availability
4.3.3 Less prevalence of Insect pests
4.3.4 High price gap between regions
4.4.1 Organizations promoting Biopesticides
4.4.2 Sustainable and Integrated pest management techniques
4.5 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.5.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By product group/segment
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Crop based
22.214.171.124 Grains & Cereals
126.96.36.199 Oil seeds
188.8.131.52 Fruits & Vegetables
5.2.2 Non Crop based
184.108.40.206 Turf & Ornamental Grass
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
5.4 Competitive Landscape
5.4.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.4.2 Market Share Analysis
5.4.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.4.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5 Company Profiles
5.5.1 1,4Group, Inc. (USA)
5.5.2 Adjuvants Plus Inc (Canada)
5.5.3 Bayer CropScience
5.5.4 BioConsortia, Inc.
5.5.5 BioWorks Inc.
5.5.6 Marrone Bio Innovations
5.5.7 Certis USA LLC
5.5.10 ISAGRO USA
5.5.12 Novozyme biologicals
5.6 Patents Scenario