As next generation pesticides, biopesticides are gaining popularity in India. Due to presence of higher pesticides residues in food crops, specifically on grains and increasing pest resistance, developed countries are posing strict regulations on use of some synthetic pesticides, which will affect the use of synthetic pesticides and will promote the use of biopesticides in the region. Other factors driving the growth of the market are the ecofriendly nature of biopesticides, constructive public support policies, increasing public awareness and lesser development of pest resistance. The significance of biopesticides in integrated pest management (IPM) system has also increased its popularity in India. However, the domestic market has been plagued by factors hindering the potential growth of biopesticides, such as non-availability, lesser reach and continuing disappearance of mixed/multiple cropping that adversely affects demand for biopesticides.
This market can be broadly segmented into product type-bioherbicides, biofungicides, bioinsecticides and other biopesticides. By application area, biopesticides demand has been analyzed in terms of crop-based (including grains & cereals, oilseeds and fruits & vegetables) and non-crop-based (including turf & ornamental grass and other non-crop-based applications).
The market has more relevance today since trends show that people prefer more ecofriendly options over non-ecofriendly products and are becoming more health conscious. The major companies dominating Indian market for its products, services, and continuous product developments are Camson Bio Techologies Ltd., Sri Biotech Laboratories India Ltd., Valent Biosciences Corp, Eid Parry, Pest Control India, International Panaacea Ltd and others.
- Market analysis for the Indian Biopesticides Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Indian Biopesticides Market.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Definition of the Market
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Description
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Adoption of new farming practices
4.1.2 Growing demand and popularity of organically grown products
4.1.3 Incresed pesticide residue import regulation on agricultural produce
4.1.4 Favourable government policies
4.2.1 High target pest specificity
4.2.2 Less product reach and availability
4.2.3 High product cost
4.3.1 Organizations promoting Biopesticides
4.3.2 Sustainable and Integrated pest management techniques
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Prodyuct Type
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Crop based
126.96.36.199 Grains & Cereals
188.8.131.52 Oil seeds
184.108.40.206 Fruits & Vegetables
5.2.2 Non Crop based
220.127.116.11 Turf & Ornamental Grass
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.2 Most active companies in the past five years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. COMPANY PROFILES
7.1 Camson Bio Technologies Limited
7.2 Sri Biotech Laboratories India Ltd
7.3 Valent Biosciences
7.4 Eid Parry
7.5 J Margo
7.6 Pest Control India
7.7 International Panaacea Limited
7.8 Stanes and Company Limited
7.9 Biotech International Ltd.
7.10 Fortune Biotech Limited
7.11 Excel Cropcare limited
List of Tables
1. India Bioherbicides Market Value for 2012-2021 (In USD Million)
2. India Biofungicides Market Value for 2012-2021 (In USD Million)
3. India Bioinsecticides Market Value for 2012-2021 (In USD Million)
4. India other biopesticides Market Value for 2012-2021 (In USD Million)
5. India Crop-Based, Biopesticides Market Value , 2012-2021 (In USD Million)
6. India Grains & Cereals, Biopesticides Market Value, 2012-2021 (In USD Million)
7. India Oilseeds, Biopesticides Market Value, 2012-2021 (In USD Million)
8. India Fruits and Vegetables, Biopesticides Market Value, 2012-2021 (In USD Million)
9. India Non Crop-Based, Biopesticides Market Value, 2012-2021 (In USD Million)
10. India Turf and Ornamentals, Biopesticides Market Value, 2012-2021 (In USD Million)
11.India Other Non Crop Based, Biopesticides Market Value, 2012-2021 (In USD Million)