Increasing global population is causing more pressure to enhance the cereal production worldwide, hence leading to more use of pesticides in this segment. Grains and cereals accounts for the largest product category among crop-based as well as non-crop based pesticides. Among grains and cereals herbicides form the largest and the fastest growing category.
Production and yield of cereals & grains present vastly contradictory figures when the worldwide data is compared to data from developed and developing regions. For instance, between 1993 and 2020, global land area used for producing cereals & grains is expected to witness a growth of 0.25%, while yield is projected to increase by 1.3%. In developed countries, the situation varies considerably over the same period, with producible land area growing by a mere 0.1% and cereal & grain production likely to grow by 0.9%. Land available for planting grains & cereals in developing regions is quite substantial, which is expected to grow at the fastest rate of 0.35% during the aforementioned period, with yield also projected to maintain the fastest growth of 1.6% in this period.
- Market analysis for the grain and cereal crop protection market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the grain and cereal crop protection market.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.2 Definition of the Market
2. Global Market Scenario
2.1 Emerging Trends in the Pesticides Industry
2.1.1 Demand for Food Safety and Quality Growing
2.1.2 Biopesticides Gaining Market Share
2.1.3 Research and Development Costs Burgeoning
2.1.4 Developing Regions Witnessing Faster Demand
2.1.6 The Controversy Surrounding GM Crops
3. Global Regulatory Environment
3.1 Regulations for Pesticides in the United States
3.1.1 Regulations for Generic Producers
188.8.131.52 Me-Too Registrations
3.2 Regulations for Pesticides in the European Union (EU)
3.2.1 EU Rules
184.108.40.206 EU Policy
3.2.2 Sustainable Use of Pesticides
220.127.116.11 Major Actions for the Sustainable Use of Pesticides
3.2.3 Approval of Active Substances
3.2.4 Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs)
18.104.22.168 EU Rules on MRLs
22.214.171.124 Setting of EU MRLs
4. Overview of the Global Grain & Cereal Crop Protection Market
5. Regional Market Analysis
5.1 North America
5.1.1 United States
5.2.3 United Kingdom
5.2.6 Rest of Europe
5.3.5 South Korea
5.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4 Latin America
5.4.3 Rest of Latin America
5.5 Rest of World
6. Competitive Overview
7. Profiles of Major Companies
7.1 Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd (Formerly Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd) (Israel)
7.2 American Vanguard Corporation (United States)
7.2.1 AMVAC Chemical Corporation (United States)
7.3 Arysta LifeScience (Japan)
7.4 BASF SE (Germany)
7.5 Bayer CropScience AG (Germany)
7.6 Bioworks Inc (United States)
7.7 Cheminova A/S (Denmark)
7.8 Chemtura AgroSolutions (United States)
7.9 Dow AgroSciences LLC (United States)
7.10 DuPont (United States)
7.11 FMC Corporation (United States)
7.12 Isagro SpA (Italy)
7.13 Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha Ltd (Japan)
7.14 Marrone Bio Innovations Inc (United States)
7.15 Monsanto Company (United States)
7.16 Natural Industries (United States)
7.17 Nufarm Ltd (Australia)
7.18 Syngenta International AG (Switzerland)
7.19 Valent Biosciences Corp (United States)
8. Patents Scenario
8.1 The United States
8.2 US, EP AND WTO Applications
9.1 Secondary Sources