Fruits and vegetables based pesticides are the second largest segment of the crop-based pesticides, accounting for nearly XX% share of the crop-based pesticides market. Fungicides were the largest segment among herbicides, insecticides and other chemicals and the same will remain the largest by 2020. Maximum no. of pesticides are used in Banana and due to monoculturing, fruit get affected by many fungal diseases. Among vegetables, potatoes have the maximum global production of 376 Million tons and the vegetable also accounts for maximum pesticide use. Fungicides forms the largest category of chemicals used under this segment, followed by insecticides.
Asia-Pacific and Latin America are slated to emerge as the fastest growing markets for pesticides in fruit and vegetable crop applications, while North America and Europe would lag behind in this area. Despite a general trend towards vegetarianism gaining in prominence, the Western world has yet to adopt full-fledged vegetarian diets to a large extent. In Asia-Pacific, India is home to the largest number of vegetarians globally, which has been a major factor in continued demand for fruits and vegetables. However, specific fruits and vegetables have been implicated in increasing sugar levels of individuals, which can have serious consequences for diabetics. This factor has played a crucial role in curbing demand for fruits and vegetables in developed regions that have a large population of such individuals.
- Market analysis for the Fruits and Vegetables Crop Protection Chemicals Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on Europe.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Fruits and Vegetables Crop Protection Chemicals market.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.2 Definition of the Market
2. Global Market Scenario
2.1 Emerging Trends in the Pesticides Industry
2.1.1 Demand for Food Safety and Quality Growing
2.1.2 Biopesticides Gaining Market Share
2.1.3 Research and Development Costs Burgeoning
2.1.4 Developing Regions Witnessing Faster Demand
2.1.5 The Controversy Surrounding GM Crops
3. Global Regulatory Environment
3.1 Regulations for Pesticides in the United States
3.1.1 Regulations for Generic Producers
188.8.131.52 Me-Too Registrations
3.2 Regulations for Pesticides in the European Union (EU)
3.2.1 EU Rules
184.108.40.206 EU Policy
3.2.2 Sustainable Use of Pesticides
220.127.116.11 Major Actions for the Sustainable Use of Pesticides
3.2.3 Approval of Active Substances
3.2.4 Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs)
18.104.22.168 EU Rules on MRLs
22.214.171.124 Setting of EU MRLs
4. Overview of the Global Fruits & Vegetables Crop Protection Market
5. Regional Market Analysis
5.1 North America
5.1.1 United States
5.2.3 United Kingdom
5.2.6 Rest of Europe
5.3.5 South Korea
5.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4 Latin America
5.4.3 Rest of Latin America
5.5 Rest of World
6. Competitive Overview
7. Profiles of Major Companies
7.1 Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd (Formerly Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd) (Israel)
7.2 American Vanguard Corporation (United States)
7.2.1 AMVAC Chemical Corporation (United States)
7.3 Arysta LifeScience (Japan)
7.4 BASF SE (Germany)
7.5 Bayer CropScience AG (Germany)
7.6 Bioworks Inc (United States)
7.7 Cheminova A/S (Denmark)
7.8 Chemtura AgroSolutions (United States)
7.9 Dow AgroSciences LLC (United States)
7.10 DuPont (United States)
7.11 FMC Corporation (United States)
7.12 Isagro SpA (Italy)
7.13 Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha Ltd (Japan)
7.14 Marrone Bio Innovations Inc (United States)
7.15 Monsanto Company (United States)
7.16 Natural Industries (United States)
7.17 Nufarm Ltd (Australia)
7.18 Syngenta International AG (Switzerland)
7.19 Valent Biosciences Corp (United States)
8. Patents Scenario
8.1 The United States
8.2 US, EP AND WTO Applications
9.1 Secondary Sources