Factors driving the markets for pesticides include decreasing arable land, increasing population and the requirement of improving crop yields. On the other hand, regulatory authorities such as EPA (Environment Protection Agency) frequently come up with stringent laws related to curbing pesticide use for alleviating environmental damage and increasing consumer awareness about pesticide consumption, which is expected to be instrumental in slowing down growth in demand for herbicides.
Synthetic insecticides have been largely responsible for restricting consumption of synthetic pesticides following the European Commissionâ€™s two-year ban on using three neonicotinoid insecticides, including clothianidin, imidacloprid and thiametoxam, starting April 2013. These chemicals have been directly implicated in causing harm to honeybees, in addition to the European Food Safety Authority finding that the use of these insecticides resulted in â€œhigh acute risks.â€
Volume consumption of synthetic insecticides is comparatively higher in Asia-Pacific as a result of higher infestation of insects, though North America continues to retain its highest share. Demand for insecticides in Asia-Pacific is expected to be driven by established products with a greater emphasis on using less toxic insecticides, which would hamper growth to some extent. Latin America and other parts of the world are also influenced by this scenario.
The report also analyzes the global market for insecticides by application area, including crop-based applications (grains & cereals, oilseeds and fruits & vegetables) and non-crop-based applications (turf & ornamental grass and other applications). By application area, crop-based end-uses of insecticides are likely to maintain the fastest growth in terms of volume consumed and value demand during the similar period, and retain the leading raking in terms of largest application area.
Major companies covered in the report include American Vanguard, Arysta LifeScience, BASF SE, Bayer CropScience, BioWorks, Cheminova, Chemtura Corp, Chr Hansen, Dow AgroSciences, DuPont, FMC Corp, Isagro SpA, Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Makhteshim Agan, Marrone Bio Innovations, Monsanto, Natural Industries, Novozymes A/S, Nufarm Ltd, Sumitomo Chemical, Syngenta AG and Valent Biosciences.
The key strategies used by companies in this market are new product registrations and acquisitions to enter new markets. The focus in this industry should be on integrated pest management techniques and sustainable practices for an improved yield without harming the environment.
This Report Offers:
- Market definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the global insecticide market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising opportunities and global consumer trends.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect global insecticide market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the global insecticide market.
- To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
1.1 Definition of the Market
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Description
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.2 Product Overview
3.3 Regulatory Environment
3.4 Trade regulations and policies
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1 Growing Demand for food safety & Quality
4.2.2 Biopesticides gaining market share over synthetic pesticides
4.2.3 Low R&D Costs
4.2.4 Adoption of organic farming practices
4.2.5 Governments promoting Bio control products
4.3.1 Low consumer adoption of Biopesticides
4.3.2 High specificity on target pests
4.3.3 High Costs and low availability
4.4.1 Organizations promoting Biopesticides
4.4.2 Developing regions witnessing faster demand
4.4.3 Sustainable and Integrated pest management techniques
4.5 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.5.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By product group/segment
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Crop based
18.104.22.168 Grains & Cereals
22.214.171.124 Oil seeds
126.96.36.199 Fruits & Vegetables
5.2.2 Non Crop based
188.8.131.52 Turf & Ornamental Grass
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
22.214.171.124 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Rest of World
5.4 Competitive Landscape
5.4.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.4.2 Market Share Analysis
5.4.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.4.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5 Company Profiles
5.5.1 Bioworks, Inc.
5.5.3 Bayer Cropscience Ag
5.5.4 Marrone BioInnovations
5.5.5 Certis LLC
5.5.7 Isagro Spa
5.5.9 Novozyme biologicals
5.5.10 Valent Biosciences Corporation
5.5.11 Koppert Biological systems
5.6 Patents Scenario