Chinese manufacturers stand to gain from exports of pesticides to other markets, since overall demand for them is on a growth trajectory. The big six agricultural chemical companies, viz., Dow, Syngenta, Monsanto, Bayer, BASF and DuPont, have increased their presence in China by enhancing pesticide production. Going forwards, China would attempt to increase its global market presence by foraying into newer areas by introducing domestic brands, with a specific emphasis on the US market. A major development signifying this move was the US$2.4 billion acquisition of Israel-based generic agricultural producer Makhteshim Agan by ChemChina in 2011. Application of pesticides is the largest and fastest growing for crops in China, with non-crop uses expected to register a slower growth.
By segment, biopesticides are likely to witness the faster growth in comparison to the synthetic chemicals due to increasing demand of regulation on crop protection chemicals residues by agriculture produce importers. By product type, market is segmented into herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and other chemicals. Herbicides constitute the major share of pesticides revenue. In 2015, herbicides accounted for XX% of the pesticides market and is estimated to grow at 7.08% CAGR for 2015-2020 in the forecasted span of five years. Insecticides accounted for XX% of the pesticides market in 2015. Further the products are segmented by origin, synthetic and biopesticides. By application area, pesticides demand has been analyzed in terms of crop-based (including grains & cereals, oilseeds and fruits & vegetables) and non-crop-based (including turf & ornamental grass and other non-crop-based applications).
Major companies covered in the report include American Vanguard, Arysta LifeScience, BASF SE, Bayer CropScience, BioWorks, Cheminova, Chemtura Corp, Chr Hansen, Dow AgroSciences, DuPont, FMC Corp, Isagro SpA, Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Makhteshim Agan, Marrone Bio Innovations, Monsanto, Natural Industries, Novozymes A/S, Nufarm Ltd, Sumitomo Chemical, Syngenta AG and Valent Biosciences. The key strategies used by companies in this market are new product registrations, acquisitions to enter new markets.
- Market analysis for the China Pesticides Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the China Pesticides Market.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major regions in country where this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.2 Definition of the Market
2. Global Market Scenario
2.1 Emerging Trends in the Pesticides Industry
2.1.1 Demand for Food Safety and Quality Growing
2.1.2 Biopesticides Gaining Market Share
2.1.3 Research and Development Costs Burgeoning
2.1.4 Developing Regions Witnessing Faster Demand
2.1.5 The Controversy Surrounding GM Crops
3. Overview of the Chinese Market for Pesticides
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 Synthetic Pesticides
4.1.1 Synthetic Herbicides
4.1.2 Synthetic Insecticides
4.1.3 Synthetic Fungicides
4.1.4 Other Synthetic Pesticides
4.2.4 Other Biopesticides
5. Market Segmentation by Application Area
5.1 Crop-Based Applications
5.1.1 Grains & Cereals
5.1.3 Fruits & Vegetables
5.2 Non-Crop-Based Applications
5.2.1 Turf & Ornamental Grass
5.2.2 Other Non-Crop-Based Applications
6. Competitive Overview
7. Profiles of Major Companies
7.1 Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd (Formerly Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd) (Israel)
7.2 American Vanguard Corporation (United States)
7.2.1 AMVAC Chemical Corporation (United States)
7.3 Arysta LifeScience (Japan)
7.4 BASF SE (Germany)
7.5 Bayer CropScience AG (Germany)
7.6 Bioworks Inc (United States)
7.7 Cheminova A/S (Denmark)
7.8 Chemtura AgroSolutions (United States)
7.9 Dow AgroSciences LLC (United States)
7.10 DuPont (United States)
7.11 FMC Corporation (United States)
7.12 Isagro SpA (Italy)
7.13 Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha Ltd (Japan)
7.14 Marrone Bio Innovations Inc (United States)
7.15 Monsanto Company (United States)
7.16 Natural Industries (United States)
7.17 Nufarm Ltd (Australia)
7.18 Syngenta International AG (Switzerland)
7.19 Valent Biosciences Corp (United States)
8.1 Secondary Sources