Argentina is one of the largest producer of soy and corn, hence the utilization of pesticides in these crop is very high in the country. Genetically modified soy, corn and cotton crops dominate the domestic agricultural scenario. While adoption of GM crops was aimed at reducing chemical pesticide consumption, data from 1990 reveals that growth in utilization has increased by nine times because of increased production, use of herbicide tolerant crops and increase in pest resistance.
By segment, biopesticides are likely to witness the faster growth in comparison to the synthetic chemicals due to increasing demand of regulation on crop protection chemicals by Latin American countries for protection of citizenâ€™s health. By product type, market is categorized into herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and other crop protection chemicals. Herbicides constitute the major share of pesticides revenue. In 2014, herbicides accounted for XX% of the pesticides market. They are estimated to grow at 6.65% CAGR for 2015-2020 for the forecasted span of five years. Insecticides accounted for XX% of the Argentina pesticides market in 2014.
Further pesticides market has been segmented as synthetic and biopesticides. By application area, pesticides demand has been analyzed in terms of crop-based (including grains & cereals, oilseeds and fruits & vegetables) and non-crop-based (including turf & ornamental grass and other non-crop-based applications).
Major companies covered in the report include American Vanguard, Arysta LifeScience, BASF SE, Bayer CropScience, BioWorks, Cheminova, Chemtura Corp, Chr Hansen, Dow AgroSciences, DuPont, FMC Corp, Isagro SpA, Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Makhteshim Agan, Marrone Bio Innovations, Monsanto, Natural Industries, Novozymes A/S, Nufarm Ltd, Sumitomo Chemical, Syngenta AG and Valent Biosciences. The key strategies used by companies in this market are new product registrations, acquisitions to enter new markets.
- Market analysis for the Argentina Pesticides Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Argentina Pesticides Market.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
1.2 Definition of the Market
2. Global Market Scenario
2.1 Emerging Trends in the Pesticides Industry
2.1.1 Demand for Food Safety and Quality Growing
2.1.2 Biopesticides Gaining Market Share
2.1.3 Research and Development Costs Burgeoning
2.1.4 Developing Regions Witnessing Faster Demand
2.1.5 The Controversy Surrounding GM Crops
3. Overview of the Argentine Market for Pesticides
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 Synthetic Pesticides
4.1.1 Synthetic Herbicides
4.1.2 Synthetic Insecticides
4.1.3 Synthetic Fungicides
4.1.4 Other Synthetic Pesticides
4.2.4 Other Biopesticides
5. Market Segmentation by Application Area
5.1 Crop-Based Applications
5.1.1 Grains & Cereals
5.1.3 Fruits & Vegetables
5.2 Non-Crop-Based Applications
5.2.1 Turf & Ornamental Grass
5.2.2 Other Non-Crop-Based Applications
6. Competitive Overview
7. Profiles of Major Companies
7.1 Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd (Formerly Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd) (Israel)
7.2 American Vanguard Corporation (United States)
7.2.1 AMVAC Chemical Corporation (United States)
7.3 Arysta LifeScience (Japan)
7.4 BASF SE (Germany)
7.5 Bayer CropScience AG (Germany)
7.6 Bioworks Inc (United States)
7.7 Cheminova A/S (Denmark)
7.8 Chemtura AgroSolutions (United States)
7.9 Dow AgroSciences LLC (United States)
7.10 DuPont (United States)
7.11 FMC Corporation (United States)
7.12 Isagro SpA (Italy)
7.13 Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha Ltd (Japan)
7.14 Marrone Bio Innovations Inc (United States)
7.15 Monsanto Company (United States)
7.16 Natural Industries (United States)
7.17 Nufarm Ltd (Australia)
7.18 Syngenta International AG (Switzerland)
7.19 Valent Biosciences Corp (United States)
8.1 Secondary Sources