The largest end-use for pesticides in the region is crop-based applications, with the sub-category of oilseeds expected to register fastest growth over the analysis period. As per statistics on food safety, Italy was ranked as the number one country in Europe in 2013 for the least number of food products containing residues of pesticides exceeding the limit of 0.3%. Chemical residues on food in Italy were also five times lower than the European average (1.5 per cent of irregularities) and even 26-fold lower than non-European Union countries (7.9 per cent of irregularities).
By segment, biopesticides are likely to witness the faster growth in comparison to the synthetic chemicals due to increasing demand of regulation on crop protection chemicals by Europe. By product type, market is segmented into herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and other chemicals. Further the products are segmented by origin, synthetic and biopesticides. By application area, pesticides demand has been analyzed in terms of crop-based (including grains & cereals, oilseeds and fruits & vegetables) and non-crop-based (including turf & ornamental grass and other non-crop-based applications).
Major companies covered in the report include American Vanguard, Arysta LifeScience, BASF SE, Bayer CropScience, BioWorks, Cheminova, Chemtura Corp, Chr Hansen, Dow AgroSciences, DuPont, FMC Corp, Isagro SpA, Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Makhteshim Agan, Marrone Bio Innovations, Monsanto, Natural Industries, Novozymes A/S, Nufarm Ltd, Sumitomo Chemical, Syngenta AG and Valent Biosciences. The key strategies used by companies in this market are new product registrations, acquisitions to enter new markets. Italy pesticides market has been extensively covered in a new report, with a focus on the major trends playing a part in shaping its future growth.
- Market analysis for the Italy Pesticides Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Italy Pesticides Market.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major regions in country where this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Definition of the Market
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Description
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.2 Product Overview
3.2.1 Categorization of synthetic pesticides based on product segment
3.2.2 Categorization of Biopesticides based on product segment
3.2.3 Biopesticides Vs Synthetic pesticides
3.3 Patented & Generic Pesticides
3.4 Regulatory Environment
3.5 Trade regulations and policies
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1 Growing Demand for food safety & Quality
4.2.2 Biopesticides gaining market share
4.2.3 Adoption of new farming practices
4.3.1 Agri credit access impacted by euro zone crisis
4.3.2 Research and Development costs Burgeoning
4.3.3 Low per capita use of pesticides in several regions
4.3.4 Increasing ban on pesticides
4.3.5 Stringent regulation
4.4.1 Organizations promoting Biopesticides
4.4.2 Sustainable and Integrated pest management techniques
4.5 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.5.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By product group/segment
5.1.1 Synthetic pesticides
18.104.22.168 Synthetic Herbicides
22.214.171.124 Synthetic Insecticides
126.96.36.199 Synthetic Fungicides
188.8.131.52 Synthetic Others
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Crop based
184.108.40.206 Grains & Cereals
220.127.116.11 Oil seeds
18.104.22.168 Fruits & Vegetables
5.2.2 Non Crop based
22.214.171.124 Turf & Ornamental Grass
5.3 By Geography
5.4 Competitive Landscape
5.4.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.4.2 Market Share Analysis
5.4.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.4.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5 Company Profiles
5.5.1 BASF Plc
5.5.3 Bayer CropScience Ltd
5.5.4 DuPont (UK) Limited
5.5.5 Monsanto UK Ltd
5.5.6 Vitax Ltd
5.5.7 Headland Agrochemicals Ltd
5.5.8 Dow AgroSciences Ltd
5.5.9 Certis UK
5.5.10 Syngenta International AG (Switzerland)
5.5.11 IsAgro Spa
5.5.12 Bayer crop science
5.6 Patents Scenario