Overuse and reliance on pesticides in the region has been the cause of weeds and insects developing resistance to insecticides and herbicides, necessitating greater utilization of pesticides for overcoming this problem. This was particularly exemplified in the early 1990s when overutilization of insecticides gave rise to a particularly resistant form of cotton bollworm, which created havoc in Australiaâ€™s cotton industry. Crop-based applications form the largest end-use area for pesticides in Australia, as also the fastest growing.
By segment, biopesticides are likely to witness the faster growth in comparison to the synthetic chemicals due to increasing demand of regulation on crop protection chemicals by Australia for protection of citizenâ€™s health. By application area, pesticides demand has been analyzed in terms of crop-based (including grains & cereals, oilseeds and fruits & vegetables) and non-crop-based (including turf & ornamental grass and other non-crop-based applications).
Major companies covered in the report include American Vanguard, Arysta LifeScience, BASF SE, Bayer CropScience, BioWorks, Cheminova, Chemtura Corp, Chr Hansen, Dow AgroSciences, DuPont, FMC Corp, Isagro SpA, Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Makhteshim Agan, Marrone Bio Innovations, Monsanto, Natural Industries, Novozymes A/S, Nufarm Ltd, Sumitomo Chemical, Syngenta AG and Valent Biosciences. The key strategies used by companies in this market are new product registrations, acquisitions to enter new markets.
- Market analysis for the Australian Pesticides Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Australian Pesticides Market.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Definition of the Market
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Description
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.2 Product Overview
3.2.1 Categorization of synthetic pesticides based on product segment
3.2.2 Categorization of Biopesticides based on product segment
3.2.3 Biopesticides Vs Synthetic pesticides
3.3 Patented & Generic Pesticides
3.4 Regulatory Environment
3.5 Trade regulations and policies
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1 Growing Demand for food security & safety
4.2.2 Biopesticides gaining market share
4.2.3 Adoption of new farming practices
4.3.1 Low per capita use of pesticides in several regions
4.3.2 Shrinking farm land
4.3.3 Increasing use of generic pesticides
4.3.4 Low farmer awareness on IPM
4.3.5 Conflict on the use of GM Crops
4.4.1 Organizations promoting Biopesticides
4.4.2 Developing regions witnessing faster demand
4.4.3 Promotion of Sustainable and Integrated pest management techniques
4.5 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.5.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By product group/segment
5.1.1 Synthetic pesticides
188.8.131.52 Synthetic Herbicides
184.108.40.206 Synthetic Insecticides
220.127.116.11 Synthetic Fungicides
18.104.22.168 Synthetic Others
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Crop based
22.214.171.124 Grains & Cereals
126.96.36.199 Oil seeds
188.8.131.52 Fruits & Vegetables
5.2.2 Non Crop based
184.108.40.206 Turf & Ornamental Grass
5.3 By Geography
5.4 Competitive Landscape
5.4.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.4.2 Market Share Analysis
5.4.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.4.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5 Company Profiles
5.5.1 Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd (Formerly Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd) (Israel)
5.5.2 Arysta LifeScience (Japan)
5.5.4 Bayer CropScience AG
5.5.6 IsAgro Spa
5.5.7 Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha
5.5.8 Monsanto Company
5.5.9 Novozymes Biologicals
5.5.10 Nufarm Ltd
5.5.11 Lallemand Inc.
5.5.12 Emery Oleochemicals LLC
5.5.13 Valent Biosciences
5.6 Patents Scenario