The global die casting market was valued at USD 55.47 billion in 2015 and is projected to touch USD 80 billion by 2022. The market is poised to grow at a CAGR of over 6.60% during the forecast period from 2017 to 2022.
Rules levied by OSHA and initiatives by NADCA to improve the technical workforce in the die-casting industry are expected to improve the overall production of the die-casting market. NADCA is working with several community colleges in the United States to create a die-casting farm system. This initiative was undertaken mainly due to the increased automation and a demand for higher skills from the workforce. The end market for die-casting is quite prolific and saw an increase of 17.1 million units in 2015 from 16.3 million units in 2013. The market for magnesium die-casting is expected to grow at a higher CAGR of 10.0% over the coming 5 years, while that of zinc is expected to grow at a slower pace.
The automobile industry is highly dependent on the Environmental Protection Agency regulations, owing to the high emissions of the automotive units. The move by the EPA to raise the mile per gallons standards to 35.5 mpg by 2017 and then 54.5 mpg by 2025 has actually helped the die-casting industry, as the auto industry concluded that the only way they can get to those mileage standards is by light-weighting the vehicles. Aluminum, and specifically aluminum die-castings in many of the power train and engine areas is the one important way in which they could achieve this. This is one of the major reasons for the predicted growth of the industry in the area of structural die-castings as well.
The global die-casting market is segmented on the basis of production process type, application type, raw material type and geography.
- On the basis of production process type, the market has been segmented into pressure die-casting, vacuum die-casting, squeeze die-casting, semi-solid die-casting and others.
- On the basis of application type, the market has been segmented into automotive, electrical & electronics, industrial machinery and others.
- On the basis of raw material type, the market has been segmented into aluminum, magnesium, zinc and others.
- On the basis of geography, the market has been segmented into North America (U.S., Canada, others), Europe (U.K., France, Germany, Russia, Italy, others), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, others), Latin America (Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, others), and Middle East & Africa (South Africa, Egypt, UAE, Saudi Arabia, others).
Increased automation in the die-casting industry has spiked productivity and in turn, is attracting the attention of the automotive and other industrial manufacturers towards highly durable die-casting parts. Employment of die-castings in the industrial machinery and piping is on the rise since the past three years. Employing stronger aluminum components in agriculture and medical devices has also witnessed an increase. Furthermore, employment of die-casting parts in the aerospace and defense sector is also witnessing a steady growth. The market for die-castings in industrial applications is expected to grow at a faster CAGR of 7.83% during the forecast period. Additionally, the die-casting market in the electrical and electronic applications is expected to witness a steady growth. This segment accounted for 11% of the global die-casting market share as of 2017. Pressure die-casting is the most preferred production process, while the vacuum die-casting, owing to its lower porosity, is expected to grow at a higher CAGR of 7.56% over the next five years.
Asia-Pacific is the largest market for die-casting and globally accounted for over 50% share in 2015. The huge market in this region was mainly due to large-scale domestic production, government initiative and availability of resources. Additionally, various industrial and automotive sectors are now focusing on collaborating with the die-casting manufacturers to produce lightweight and tensile components for their machinery and produce.
- Market analysis for the Global Die-Casting Market, with region specific assessment and competition analysis on the global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and rising prospective opportunities, along with the identification of key companies that can influence this market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global die-casting market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Findings of the Study
5. Market Overview and Technology Trends
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Technology Trends
5.3 Value Chain Analysis
5.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
6. Market Dynamics
7. Global Die Casting Market Segmentation, by Production Process
7.1 Pressure Die Casting
7.2 Vaccum Die Casting
7.3 Squeeze Die Casting
8. Global Die Casting Market Segmentation, by Application
8.2 Electrical & Electronics
8.3 Industrial Applications
9. Global Die Casting Market Segmentation, by Raw Material
10. Global Die Casting Market Segmentation, by Geography
10.1 North America
10.2.4 Russia Italy
10.2.5 Rest of Europe
10.3.4 South Korea
10.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
10.4 Latin America
10.4.4 Rest of Latin America
10.5 Africa & the Middle East
10.5.1 South Africa
10.5.4 Saudi Arabia
10.5.5 Rest of the Africa & the Middle East
11. Competitive Landscape
11.1 Market Share Analysis
11.2 Strategies and Developments of Key Players
12. Key Vendor Analysis
12.1 Empire Die Casting Company
12.3 Ryobi Die Casting
12.4 Sandhar Technologies Limited
12.5 Kspg Ag
12.6 Grupo Antolin-Irausa, S.A.
12.7 Martinrea Honsel Gmbh
12.10 Pace Industries
12.11 Endurance Group
12.12 Interplex Holdings Limited
12.13 Shiloh Industries
12.14 Sigma Electric Manufacturing Corp
12.15 Engtek Group
12.16 Lorom Industries
12.17 Alcoa Inc.
12.18 Faist Group
12.19 Brillcast Manufacturing
12.20 Georg Fischer Limited
12.21 Trimet Aluminium Ag
12.22 Meridian Light Weight Technologies
12.23 Montupet S.A.
12.24 Rockman Industries
12.25 Citic Die Casting
12.26 Ka Shui Group
12.27 Gibbs Die Casting Company
- Alcoa Inc.
- Brillcast Manufacturing
- Citic Die Casting
- Empire Die Casting Company
- Endurance Group
- Engtek Group
- Faist Group
- Georg Fischer Limited
- Gibbs Die Casting Company
- Grupo Antolin-Irausa, S.A.
- Interplex Holdings Limited
- Ka Shui Group
- Kspg Ag
- Lorom Industries
- Martinrea Honsel Gmbh
- Meridian Light Weight Technologies
- Montupet S.A.
- Pace Industries
- Rockman Industries
- Ryobi Die Casting
- Sandhar Technologies Limited
- Shiloh Industries
- Sigma Electric Manufacturing Corp
- Trimet Aluminium Ag