Adoption of gearless wind turbines is nothing but the elimination of gear box as the weakest link in the design of modern wind turbines. Generally gearboxes lasts for an average 5 years failing probably due to misalignment operation during the wind turbines life span of approximately 20 years, or to severe strain and shape changes under sudden wind gusts.
In addition, it eliminates the need for oil cooling avoiding one cause of fires and environmental pollution in the case of the lubricating oil spillage. Like small wind turbines, these have inverters instead of synchronous generators, that is to say, a separate controller that converts the AC electrical power generated into a form that the grid can be fed with. This gearless concept has not yet been universally adopted like the flexible hub concept.
The gearless drive system does not require any oil to separate. The tips of the turbine blades are tilted to reduce noise emissions. The annular generator is of primary importance in the gearless system design of wind turbine. It offers the advantages of totally avoiding the gear box components. Combine with the rotor hub, it provides an almost friction less flow of energy, while the gentle running of fewer moving components guarantees minimal material wear.
Developing countries such as China and India are mainly responsible for the market growth. Countries such as China, United States, Germany, Spain, India themselves occupy more than 70 per cent of the market share. While the major share of the opportunities for this market exist in China, Germany and the United States, as these countries are rapidly increasing their new capacity additions to the existing ones.
The only issue with the wind turbine market is that the initial capital investments required is slightly on a higher side when compared to the other non-renewable energy markets in terms of tower installations and turbine and other equipment. Major revolutions happened in the recent years towards the turbine design and installation techniques, which resulted in reducing the initial capital investment required to a fairly reasonable extent.
This Report Offers:
- Market definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the China direct drive wind turbine market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the China direct drive wind turbine market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Report Guidance
1.2 Markets Covered
1.3 Key Points Noted
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Definition
3.3 Direct Drive (Gear Less) Technology
3.4 Recent Trends and Opportunities
4. Drivers, Constraints and Opportunities
4.1.1 High Yields
4.1.2 Low Noise Levels
4.1.3 Lesser Maintanance Costs
4.1.4 Lower Cost of Ownership
4.1.5 Higher Return on Investment
4.1.6 High Availability
4.2.1 High Initial Costs
4.2.2 Availability of Equipment
4.2.3 Land and Access
4.3.1 Original Equipment Manufacturing
4.3.2 Component Manufacturing
4.3.3 Trading Opportunities
4.3.4 IT, Consultancy and Resource Assessment Services
126.96.36.199 Feasibility Studies and Project Development
188.8.131.52 Geotechnical Services
4.3.5 Support Services
184.108.40.206 Logistics Support for Wind Power
220.127.116.11 Construction Opportunities
18.104.22.168 Operation and Maintenance
22.214.171.124 Insurance Services
4.3.6 HVDC Transmission Systems
5. Value Chain Analysis
5.2 Components Manufacturing
5.2.4 Generator and Power Electronics
5.3 Turbine Manufacturing and Assembling
5.4 Project Development
6. Global Direct Drive Wind Turbine Market Analysis, by Capacity
6.2 Less than 1MW
6.3 Between 1 MW and 3 MW
6.4 More Than 3 MW
7. Global Direct Drive Wind Turbine Market Analysis, by Turbine Technology
7.2 Electrically Excited Synchronous Generator
7.3 Permanent Magnet Synchronous Generator
8. United Kingdom Direct Drive Wind Turbine Market Analysis
8.2 Market Demand to 2022
8.3 Recent Trends and Developments
8.4 Policies and Regulations
9.2 Market Share of Key Companies, by Geography
9.3 Market Share of Key Companies, by Equipment
10. Company Profiles
10.2 American Superconductor Corp. (Amsc)
10.3 Avantis Energy Group
10.4 Emergya Wind Technologies B.V.
10.5 Enercon Gmbh
10.6 Ge Energy
10.7 Vensys Energy Ag
10.8 Windtronics Energy Solutions Llc
10.9 Siemens Wind Power A/S
10.10 Northern Power Systems Inc.
11. Competitive Landscape
11.1 Deal Summary
11.1.2 Private Equity
11.1.3 Equity Offerings
11.1.4 Debt Offerings
11.1.6 Asset Transactions
11.2 Recent Developments
11.2.1 New Technology Inventions
11.2.2 New Contract Announcements
12.3 Market Definition
12.3.3 Secondary Research
12.3.4 Primary Research
12.3.5 Expert Panel Validation
12.4 Contact Us