Asia Pacific is the largest market for the production of Carrageenan where cultivation of high quality Carrageenan is possible. By 2015, it is estimated that the Asia Pacific market will account for more than 80% of the global market share.Philippines is the largest producer of semi refined Carrageenan in Asia contributing to over 75% sales in Asia. Many companies have set up shop in Philippines on account of its high cultivation rate of Carrageenan and also low cost of labor. It is also the third largest supplier in the world.
Indonesia is the second largest Carrageenan producerwith a market value of 112.4 million USD in 2013. China is a major exporter of Carrageenan to the US and Europe. Its market size is expected to be 86 million USD by 2015. Malaysia exported up to 20000 tons of Carrageenan in 2013. Carrageenan is an important salad ingredient and additive in food, personal care, pharmaceuticals and other industrial applications. Personal care products include cosmetics, hand and body lotions, shampoo, soap, toothpaste and gel fresheners.
The major players in this industry are Marcel Carrageenan, Seatech Carrageenan Company, FMC BipPolymer and MCPI Corporation. The top Carrageenan producing countries in Asia, Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesia may have an uphill task in expanding their market as the demand for Carrageenan has not witnessed any substantial increase in the last 4 years. SRC food grade and RC Gel pressed products have become alternatives to Carrageenan which has a very unstable price.
This Report Offers:
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Asia Pacific Carrageenan Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Asia Pacific Carrageenan market on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why Buy This Report?
1) For getting a comprehensive overview of the Asia Pacific Carrageenan market
2) To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
3) To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. Executive Summary
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
3.1 Seaweed Industry Trend
3.2 Threshold matter of the Industry - Demand supply imbalance of raw material
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growth in consumption of processed food
4.1.2 Growth in demand from pharmaceutical industry
4.1.3 Increased consumption of low fat meat products
4.1.4 Increasing preference for Carrageenan in Cosmetic products
4.2.1 Public fears over Health Issues - Links to GI Tract Inflammation
4.3 Porter Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Types
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Food Industry
126.96.36.199 Pet Food
5.2.2 Pharmaceutical Industry
5.2.3 Cosmetics Industry
5.3 By Grade
5.3.1 Refined Carrageenan (E-407)
5.3.2 Semi Refined Carrageenan (E-407a)
5.4 By Seaweed Source
5.5 By Country
6. COMEPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7. COMPANY PROFILES
7.1 Marcle Carrageenan
7.2 MCPI Corporation
7.3 SELT- MG
7.4 Seatech Carrageenan Company
7.5 Ina Food Industry Co., Ltd.
7.6 ACCEL Carrageenan Corporation
7.7 Quest International Philippines Corp.
7.8 TBK Manufacturing Corporation
7.9 Kosher Carrageenan
7.11 Devson Impex Pvt Ltd
7.12 Shemberg Corporation
7.13 Zamboanga Manufacturing Corp
7.14 W Group Inc
7.15 CP Kelco
7.16 FMC Corp