The largest producer for Carrageenan is Philippines which accounts for around 77% of the worlds supply. The Asia Pacific market for Carrageenan is extremely huge compared to the North America and Europe markets. The Asia Pacific market for Carrageenan was worth 575.2 million USD as of 2013. China is the main exporter of Carrageenan to both US and Europe. In the US, Carrageenan has found a major application in Chocolate milk where it is used for keeping the chocolate in suspension.
World Carrageenan production exceeded 56,000 tons as of 2013 and it has a very competitive market inArgentina, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Portugal, North Korea, South Korea, Spain, Russia and the USA. The Carrageenan market has witnessed a CAGR of 5.2% in the last 3 years and is expected to grow consistently. Carrageenan is an important salad ingredient and additive in food, personal care, pharmaceuticals and other industrial applications. Personal care products include cosmetics, hand and body lotions, shampoo, soap, toothpaste and gel fresheners.
Carrageenan is a regulated food additive and there are concerns over the maximum quantity (in mg) of Carrageenan that can be added to food. The major players in this industry are Marcel Carrageenan, Seatech Carrageenan Company and FMC BioPolymer. Various new applications that Carrageenan has found in food products is set to keep the industry going despite the decrease in demand over the last 2 years. The dependence of the raw materials for production on nature also results in the unstable pricing of Carrageenan. This might have a negative impact on the market in the next 3 years.
This Report Offers:
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Global Carrageenan Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Global Carrageenan market on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why Buy This Report?
1) For getting a comprehensive overview of the worldwide Carrageenan market
2) To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
3) To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. Executive Summary
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
3.1 Seaweed Industry Trend
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growth in consumption of processed food
4.1.2 Growth in demand from pharmaceutical industry
4.1.3 Increased consumption of low fat meat products
4.1.4 Increasing preference for Carrageenan in Cosmetic products
4.2.1 Public fears over Health Issues - Links to GI Tract Inflammation
4.3 Porter Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Types
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Food Industry
188.8.131.52 Pet Food
5.2.2 Pharmaceutical Industry
5.2.3 Cosmetics Industry
5.3 By Grade
5.3.1 Refined Carrageenan (E-407)
5.3.2 Semi Refined Carrageenan (E-407a)
5.4 By Seaweed Source
5.5 By Country
6. COMEPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7. COMPANY PROFILES
7.1 Marcle Carrageenan
7.2 MCPI Corporation
7.3 SELT- MG
7.4 Seatech Carrageenan Company
7.5 Ina Food Industry Co., Ltd.
7.6 ACCEL Carrageenan Corporation
7.7 Quest International Philippines Corp.
7.8 TBK Manufacturing Corporation
7.9 Kosher Carrageenan
7.11 Devson Impex Pvt Ltd
7.12 Shemberg Corporation
7.13 Zamboanga Manufacturing Corp
7.14 W Group Inc
7.15 CP Kelco
7.16 FMC Corp