Nutella remains the most favorite chocolate spread with Hersheys coming in second. Jif Hazelnut also was a popular choice among cosumers. The retail volume sales of chocolate spreads increased by 2% in the US and 1.5 % in the UK. Nutella, which started out as a somewhat niche spread, has grown into a very substantial part of the category. Its growth has also come about without causing significant damage to other spread varieties, as it is typically used on very separate occasions to honey, and can sometimes even be paired with nut- and seed-based spreads like peanut butter.
In Western Europe, the chocolate spreads market witnessed a growth rate of 7.9% with UK , Italy, Germany and France being the major growth regions. The major market players in this industry are Nutella by the Ferrero Group, Hersheys, Unilever and Premier foods.
This Report Offers:
1) A key insight into the market size, share and forecast for food spreads
2) Analysis of the dominant regions in food spreads including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the rest of the world.
3) Analysis of the drivers/inhibitors/opportunity analysis for each of the micro markets.
4) Segmentation of the food spreads market by type of spreads- jams, jellies, nut based, chocolate based, fruit based and honey.
Why Buy This Report?
1) For getting a comprehensive overview of the worldwide food spreads market
2) To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
3) To understand which categories of food spreads are doing well in the market and which are not.
4) To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. Regulatory Framework
4. Market Overview & Dynamics
4.2.1 Rise of mass market production
4.2.2 Demand coming from elder consumers
4.2.3 Demand for reduced sugar/fat spreads
4.3.1 Increasing number of private label brands
4.3.2 Healthy eating trends reducing the consumption of sweet spreads
4.3.3 Traditional spreads losing out to non-traditional spreads
4.3.4 Negative perception of Jams as a preserve for older generation
4.4.1 New product developments in sweet spread category
4.4.2 Natural/organic sweet spreads
4.4.3 Manufacturers focus on promoting health attributes
4.4.4 Introduction of new flavors in matured and developing markets
4.5 Porter Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.5.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Jams & Marmalade
5.1.3 Sweet spreads
220.127.116.11 Chocolate spreads
18.104.22.168 Nut/seed based spreads
5.1.4 By Distribution Channel
5.2.1 Grocery Stores
22.214.171.124 By Flavor type
5.3.5 By Pricing
5.4.2 By Geography
5.4.3 North America
5.5 United States
5.5.2 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Asia - pacific
188.8.131.52 South America
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Competitive Landscape
18.104.22.168 Mergers & Acquisitions
6. Joint Ventures
6.1 New Product Launches
6.2 Most active companies in the past five years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
6.4 Company Profiles
6.5 J.M. Smucker
7. Kraft Foods
7.1 Unilever Group
7.2 ConAgra Foods Inc
7.3 B & G Foods Inc.
7.4 Ferrero Group
7.5 Hershey Co.
7.7 Sioux Honey Association
7.8 National Grape Co-operative Association Inc.