Health oriented food products are being actively marketed in South America. The preference towards healthy food with high insoluble dietary fiber content and which benefits the The origin of Sweet potato, a high insoluble fiber content in the skin, is from South America. Proposed by the Bolivian government, and by the strong support of Central and South American countries, Quinoa, an insoluble fiber rich food has been singled out by the FAO as a food with high nutritive value. Also it is largely grown in South America, Peru being the highest producer followed by Bolivia.
Rising health concerns and demand for quality food is mainly driving the insoluble dietary fiber market in the region. And also the increase in the purchase power of the consumers and awareness on the benefits of fiber intake is further driving the South American insoluble dietary fibers market. The lack of awareness in most of the regions of South America is a hindrance to the growth of the market. Also, the developing regions provide a platform for the companies to increase their market share and contribute to the development of the region.
The market is segmented based on Function type, Product type and by Application. And again into Bulking agent, Fat replacer, Texturing agent under Function type. The Bulking agent having the highest market share followed by the Fat replacing agents. On the base of type of insoluble dietary fiber, it can be segmented as Cellulose, Hemi Cellulose, Chitin, Chitosan, Lignin and Resistant starch. These fibers find several applications in Bakery food, Confectioneries, in Meat industry etc.
Brazil has the highest market share in South America followed by Argentina and other smaller countries in the continent. The increasing disposable incomes, health consciousness is driving the insoluble dietary fibers market in Brazil.
It is important to characterize the level and magnitude of changes in food consumption patterns in South American populations as they undergo demographic and developmental transitions because of the effects of changes on the development and progression of chronic diseases. Insoluble dietary fiber rich foods are more preferred because of its many uses and advantages. The key players are focused on identifying new active ingredients and more possible applications in Weight management industry. ADM, Cargill, Dupont, Roquette are some of the major players. Acquisitions, Mergers and Joint ventures are some of the strategies followed by these companies to increase their market share in South America.
1. Market analysis for the South America Insoluble Dietary fibers market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on regional scale.
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on the regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the South American insoluble dietary fibers market on regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 High demand for processed and convenience foods in western countries
3.1.2 Increasing demand for fiber supplements to fulfil nutrtitional requirement globally
3.1.3 Increasing western influence and awareness of health benefits from dietary fibers in developing countries
3.2.1 Delayed and inconsistent regulatory standards for approval
3.2.2 Technical difficulties pertaining to reactivity and stability
3.3.1 Unexploited market in the developing countries
3.3.2 Identification of new active ingredients
3.3.3 Higher incidence of application in weight management and healthcare industry
3.4 Porter Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.3 Degree of competetion
3.4.4 Threat of new entrants
3.4.5 Threat of substitutes
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Function Type
4.1.1 Bulking Agent
4.1.2 Fat Replacer
4.1.3 Texturing Agent
4.2 By Product Type
4.2.3 Chitin & Chitosan
4.2.5 Resistant Starch
4.3 By Application
4.3.5 Pasta & Soup
4.4 By Geography
22.214.171.124 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most preferred strategic approach by major companies
5.2 Most active companies in the past five years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.3 E.I Dupont De Nemours and Company
6.4 Fibrisol Service Limited
6.5 Grain Processing Corporation
6.6 Ingredion Incorporated
6.7 J. Rettenmaier & SÃ¶hne Gmbh & Co. Kg
6.8 Roquette FrÃ¨res
6.9 Shanghai Nuoshen Food Trading Co., Ltd.
6.10 SÃ¼dzucker Ag
6.11 Sunopta, Inc.
6.12 Taiyo Lucid Pvt Ltd.
6.13 Tate & Lyle PLC