The European market for insoluble dietary fiber is growing at a faster pace because of the health benefits associated with insoluble fiber diet. Moreover, growing number of patents regarding grinding and production of insoluble dietary fibers by key participants in the past decade are likely to create lucrative market scenario. However the emerging market of synthetic dietary fiber supplements is anticipated to hamper the market growth. End-use applications of insoluble dietary fiber applications include pharmaceuticals, feed and food industry.
The reason of increasing market of insoluble dietary fibers is due to the health concerns in Europe. It helps improvement in large bowel function, lowering of blood cholesterol, and attenuation of post-prandial blood glucose and insulin levels which are concern issues of European population. There are a few restraints to the growth of this market because of the inconsistent standards of approval.
The entire market is segmented by Functional type, Product type and by Application. The fibers are classified into Cellulose, Hemi cellulose, Chitin and Lignin depending on their characteristics. The insoluble dietary fibers find a wide range of applications in the Meat industry, Bakeries and Beverages segment and in Confectioneries as these fibers help prevent colon cancer by keeping an optimal pH in intestines to prevent microbes from producing cancerous substances.
In Europe, countries such as Germany, closely followed by France collectively account for the largest market share followed by United Kingdom, Spain and Italy. Insoluble fiber that is metabolically inert, absorbing water throughout the digestive tract and easing transit. The Insoluble fiber market is mainly composed of vegetable or cellulose derivatives. The insoluble dietary fiber market in the country is on the growing scale due to rising awareness among the consumers for healthy lifestyle and government educational campaign across the region.
An added bonus to eating high-fiber foods is their vitamin and mineral content is higher compared to processed white flour or white rice. Enriched products like white flour and rice have some of the nutrients added back while whole grains have all the original vitamins and minerals. The key players are focused on identifying new active ingredients and more possible applications in Weight management industry. ADM, Cargill, Dupont, Roquette are some of the major players. Acquisitions, Mergers and Joint ventures are some of the strategies followed by these companies to increase their market share in Europe.
1. Market analysis for the Europe Insoluble Dietary fibers market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on regional scale.
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on the regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Europian insoluble dietary fibers market on regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 High demand for processed and convenience foods like the western countries
3.1.2 Increasing demand for fiber supplements to fulfil nutrtitional requirement globally
3.1.3 Increasing western influence and awareness of health benefits from dietary fibers in developing countries
3.2.1 Delayed and inconsistent regulatory standards for approval
3.2.2 Technical difficulties pertaining to reactivity and stability
3.3.1 Unexploited market in the developing countries
3.3.2 Identification of new active ingredients
3.3.3 Higher incidence of application in weight management and healthcare industry
3.4 Porter Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.3 Degree of competetion
3.4.4 Threat of new entrants
3.4.5 Threat of substitutes
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Function Type
4.1.1 Bulking Agent
4.1.2 Fat Replacer
4.1.3 Texturing Agent
4.2 By Product Type
4.2.3 Chitin & Chitosan
4.2.5 Resistant Starch
4.3 By Application
4.3.5 Pasta & Soup
4.4 By Geography
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most preferred strategic approach by major companies
5.2 Most active companies in the past five years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.3 E.I Dupont De Nemours and Company
6.4 Fibrisol Service Limited
6.5 Grain Processing Corporation
6.6 Ingredion Incorporated
6.7 J. Rettenmaier & SÃ¶hne Gmbh & Co. Kg
6.8 Roquette FrÃ¨res
6.9 Shanghai Nuoshen Food Trading Co., Ltd.
6.10 SÃ¼dzucker Ag
6.11 Sunopta, Inc.
6.12 Taiyo Lucid Pvt Ltd.
6.13 Tate & Lyle PLC