The market trend is in tandem with growing awareness of healthy eating habits and the major role these additives play in aiding digestive health. Governments encourage the intake and recommends acceptable levels of intake of insoluble dietary fibers. The number of supermarkets, food service restaurants and several processed food supply channels in the emerging markets are rising, and thus, the food industry is seeing an uptick in demand. This ultimately gives rise to growth in insoluble dietary fibers market.
Increased consumption of processed and convenience foods in North America has led to prevalence of several health problems including coronary heart disorder, obesity, gastro-intestinal issues, cholesterol and diabetes. Consumer awareness and demand for nutrition rich foods is anticipated to increase demand for insoluble dietary fiber market over the forecast period. Several studies being conducted in the market for use of insoluble dietary fiber in treating obesity, diabetes, digestive problems, cardiovascular problem and high cholesterol are poised to create growth opportunities in the coming five years.
The market is segmented based on Function type, Product type and by Application. And again into Bulking agent, Fat replacer, Texturing agent under Function type. On the base of type of insoluble dietary fiber, it can be segmented as Cellulose, Hemi Cellulose, Chitin, Chitosan, Lignin and Resistant starch. These fibers find several applications in Bakery food, Confectioneries, in Meat industry etc.
In addition, favorable government regulations and technological developments supporting insoluble dietary fiber is expected to boost the market demand. US holds a major share in the market, and Canada closely follows the trend similar to United States. Mexico, with its rising incomes, urbanization and rapidly rising processed foods market, is poised to see demand for dietary fibers coming from the young calorie-conscious consumer.
The market is high for cellulose as it can be extracted from resources that are easily available and its soluble properties in water make cellulose the most vastly used product in the food application. The key players are focused on identifying new active ingredients and more possible applications in Weight management industry. ADM, Cargill, Dupont, Roquette are some of the major players. Acquisitions, Mergers and Joint ventures are some of the strategies followed by these companies to increase their market share in North America.
1. Market analysis for the North America Insoluble Dietary fibers market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on regional scale.
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on the regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North American insoluble dietary fibers market on regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Consumer preferences for healthier and natural bakery products in european countries
3.1.2 High demand for processed and convenience foods in western countries
3.1.3 Increasing demand for fiber supplements to fulfil nutrtitional requirement globally
3.1.4 Increasing western influence and awareness of health benefits from dietary fibers in developing countries
3.2.1 Delayed and inconsistent regulatory standards for approval
3.2.2 Technical difficulties pertaining to reactivity and stability
3.3.1 Identification of new active ingredients
3.3.2 Higher incidence of application in weight management and healthcare industry
3.4 Porter Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.3 Degree of competetion
3.4.4 Threat of new entrants
3.4.5 Threat of substitutes
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Function Type
4.1.1 Bulking Agent
4.1.2 Fat Replacer
4.1.3 Texturing Agent
4.2 By Product Type
4.2.3 Chitin & Chitosan
4.2.5 Resistant Starch
4.3 By Application
4.3.5 Pasta & Soup
4.4 By Geography
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most preferred strategic approach by major companies
5.2 Most active companies in the past five years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.3 E.I Dupont De Nemours and Company
6.4 Fibrisol Service Limited
6.5 Grain Processing Corporation
6.6 Ingredion Incorporated
6.7 J. Rettenmaier & SÃ¶hne Gmbh & Co. Kg
6.8 Roquette FrÃ¨res
6.9 Shanghai Nuoshen Food Trading Co., Ltd.
6.10 SÃ¼dzucker Ag
6.11 Sunopta, Inc.
6.12 Taiyo Lucid Pvt Ltd.
6.13 Tate & Lyle PLC