European Union Scientific Committee on Foods has concluded phytosterol esters margarines and dairy products as safe for human consumption. EU has approved the phytosterols portion of 3gms per one portion one day. Therefore the ease in regulation has given a boost to the phytosterol market globally. Germany has been the biggest consumption country of Europe in 2014 and the CAGR is expected to grow by x.x% by 2020 for overall Europe.
The EU regulations for phytosterol intake in various products differ from country to country and becomes biggest concern for the market players. For instance, considering yoghurt drink phytosterol content in Germany, Italy and Spain is 3.4gm per 65 ml however it is different for UK as of 3.4gm per 70ml. However the European regulations are favorable for the phytosterols market to grow and it is one of the biggest parameters of the growth of the phytosterol industry and making it global leader from past few years and expected to be in next five years.
The other important factor of phytosterols market growth is the cardio vascular diseases parameter of the country as phytosterols are useful in cholesterol reduction and reduces heart diseases. In 2014, in Europe, the death percentage was 46% due to cardio vascular diseases and this is expected to increase, therefore the control of such disease will take place in coming years, therefore it is expected for phytosterol market in Europe to grow by xx% till 2020. However there are various regulations for consumption for pregnant women and children, hence become hindrance in the market growth.
This report consists of insights of market based on segmentations on the parameters of product type, application type and geographical basis. The product type differentiations are Beta-sitosterol, Campesterol, and Stigmasterol. However the other elements include avenasterol, ergosterol, brassicasterol, lupeol, and cycloartenol. Moreover, the beta- sitosterol accumulated the largest market share in 2013 of 65.48% and is expected to grow in the next five years. The industry dominant companies include BASF, Archer Daniels Midlands (ADM), Raisio Life Sciences and Bunge Limited which have global presence and major players in European market as well.
This Report Offers:
1. Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the Europe Phytosterols Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Europe Phytosterols Market on both global and regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why Buy This Report?
1. For getting a comprehensive overview of the Europe Phytosterols Market.
2. To gain wide-ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
3. To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions, which are untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
2. Key findings of the study
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Dynamics
22.214.171.124 Increasing prevalence of heart diseases
126.96.36.199 Supportive regulatory environment
188.8.131.52 Increasing End-Use Applications
184.108.40.206 Low consumer awareness
220.127.116.11 Side Effects of Phytosterols
18.104.22.168 Increased Health Consciousness
22.214.171.124 Technical innovations
3.2.4 Porter Five Forces Analysis
126.96.36.199 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
188.8.131.52 Bargaining Power of Buyers
184.108.40.206 Threat of New Entrants
220.127.116.11 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
18.104.22.168 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Application
4.1.1 Food Ingredients
4.2 By Product
4.2.4 others(avenasterol, ergosterol, brassicasterol, lupeol, and cycloartenol)
4.3 By Geography
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Raisio Plc
6.3 Bunge Limited
6.4 Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
6.8 Pharmachem Laboratories
6.9 Forbes Medi-Tech Inc.
6.10 Gustav Parmentier
6.11 Enzymotec Ltd.