America has always been a major consumer and research market for phytosterols from past and will continue to do so in coming years. The overall market share consumption of North America was 30% till 2014 which is forecasted to grow by nearly 45% till 2020. The consumption of phytosterols is in food products such as dairy, sausages, cold cuts etc. USA was the first to launch the Unilever Phytosterol enriched spread in 1999.
The US food and drug Administration (FDA) have been regulating the phytosterols consumption ratio and came up with set consumption ratio for all the items, such as spread dressing as 3.4gms per 56 ml, snack bars as 3.4 gms per 30 ml, candies xx gms /xx gms and such. It has granted phytosterols as generally recognized as safe (GRAS) therefore increased the scope of growth of phytosterol market with great margin. Health Canada and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has also been the regulatory division which has set parameters for products having more than 1.0 Gms phytosterol in the product.
North America has been the second largest phytosterol consumer market and it is forecasted to grow in next five years. The CAGR of North America is interrupted to grow by x.x% till 2020 because consumers of phytosterol- enriched foods account for only 3% of all adults, therefore signaling a vast untapped market. The potential target audience includes working parent, hard working professionals in the middle aged sector and people with cardiovascular disease family history. The market of technical research and improvements in beverage industry is large for the next five years.
This report consists of insights of market based on segmentations on the parameters of product type, application type and geographical basis. The product type differentiations are Beta-sitosterol, Campesterol, and Stigmasterol. However the other elements include avenasterol, ergosterol, brassicasterol, lupeol, and cycloartenol. Moreover, the beta- sitosterol accumulated the largest market share in 2013 of 65.48% and is expected to grow in the next five years. The industry dominant companies include BASF, Archer Daniels Midlands (ADM), Raisio Life Sciences and Bunge Limited which are global best players and have a significant presence in North America market as well.
This Report Offers:
1. Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the North America Phytosterols Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the North America Phytosterols Market on both global and regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why Buy This Report?
1. For getting a comprehensive overview of the North America Phytosterols Market.
2. To gain wide-ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
3. To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions, which are untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
2. Key findings of the study
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Dynamics
188.8.131.52 Increasing prevalence of heart diseases
184.108.40.206 Supportive regulatory environment
220.127.116.11 Increasing End-Use Applications
18.104.22.168 Low consumer awareness
22.214.171.124 Side Effects of Phytosterols
126.96.36.199 Increased Health Consciousness
188.8.131.52 Technical innovations
3.2.4 Porter Five Forces Analysis
184.108.40.206 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
220.127.116.11 Bargaining Power of Buyers
18.104.22.168 Threat of New Entrants
22.214.171.124 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
126.96.36.199 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Application
4.1.1 Food Ingredients
4.2 By Product
4.2.4 others(avenasterol, ergosterol, brassicasterol, lupeol, and cycloartenol)
4.3 By Geography
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Raisio Plc
6.3 Bunge Limited
6.4 Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
6.8 Pharmachem Laboratories
6.9 Forbes Medi-Tech Inc.
6.10 Gustav Parmentier
6.11 Enzymotec Ltd.