The industries have diverted their research focus from conventional dosage forms to novel drug delivery technologies with significantly improved market requirements. In recent years, the pharmaceutical companies have been struggling to maintain a balance between the pressure to drop prices and the high innovation costs. It is always advantageous for companies to develop their own innovative delivery devices to maintain a lead in the market.
The US is leading the market in this category with 55 % of the market share in 2010 and is expected to continue the trend during the forecast period. The introduction of novel delivery systems to an existing molecule will significantly improve its safety, efficacy and patient compliance. These factors are bound to significantly affect the North American market for new drug delivery systems.
North AmericaNDDS market has been segmented by the mode of delivery and region. By the mode of delivery, the market has been segmented into oral, pulmonary, transdermal and injectable drug delivery systems. These are further segmented by their modes of administration. By region, the market is segmented into the US, Canada and Rest of North America.
Major Companies in the Sector Include:
- 3M Company
Market definition for the North American New Drug Delivery Systems market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
Market analysis for the North American NDDS market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North America NDDS market on both global and regional scale.
2. Market Definition
3. Market Drivers
4. Market Restraints
5. New drug delivery systems
5.2 Market segmentation by mode of delivery
5.2.1 Oral Delivery Devices
18.104.22.168 Segmentation based on mode of action
1. Dissolution controlled release systems
2. Diffusion controlled release systems
3. Dissolution and diffusion controlled release systems
4. Osmotic pressure controlled systems
5. PH-Independent formulations
6. Ion-exchange resin-drug complexes
7. Slow dissolving salts and complexes
8. Hydrodynamic pressure controlled system
5.2.2 Pulmonary Drug Delivery Devices
22.214.171.124 Segmentation By mode of administration
1. Inhalation drug delivery system by metered dose inhalers
2. Inhalation drug delivery system by dry powder inhalers
3. Inhalation drug delivery system by nebulizer
5.2.3 Transdermal Drug delivery systems
126.96.36.199 Segmentation by mode of administration
3. Application by ultrasound
4. Use of microscopic projection
188.8.131.52 Types of Transdermal patches
1. Single layer drug in adhesive
2. Multilayer drug in adhesive
5. Vapour patch
5.2.4 Injectable Drug Delivery system
184.108.40.206 Segmentation by mode of administration
1. Subcutaneous injection
2. Intramuscular injection
3. Intravenous injection
4. Intradermal injection
5. Intraperitoneal injection
6. Upcoming Delivery Technologies
5. Micro and Nano Emulsions
6. Vesicular systems
7. Global NDDS Market
7.2 Regional Market analysis (Market size, forecasts and CAGR)
7.2.1 North American NDDS Market (Market Size, Forecasts, and CAGR)
iii. Rest of North America
8. Regulatory aspects of NDDS
9. Future of NDDS Market in North America
10. Key Market players
Johnson & Johnson
Mylan Laboratories Inc.
List of Tables
List of Figures