Anesthesia and respiratory devices market has experienced a promising growth rate over the past few years. A rise in respiratory diseases such as asthma, lung cancer, COPD(Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases) and OSAs (Obstructive Sleep Apnea) have been the cause for the steady growth shown by this market in the recent years. The market is also driven by factors such as the transition which is taking place right now where the industry is moving away from paper based patient record systems to a more convenient electronic based systems. The introduction of Anesthesia management systems in the healthcare industry has also been a major factor driving the growth of this market. In addition to this recent technological advancements and the need to take proper safety measures have also been instrumental in the market growth.
Nevertheless, skilled technicians who can properly operate the systems in place are very much limited in number. The devices in use are highly expensive and even the basic setup is not affordable to all medical organizations. This factor has been a major setback/limitation faced by the Anesthetic & Respiratory Devices Market.
From a geographical point of view, Germany is the largest market in terms of value. This can be attributed to the increase in healthcare awareness, good reimbursement policies and a good per capita income of the nation. Germany holds approximately 20% of the market share followed by UK which accounts for 18 % of the market.
The Anesthetic & Respiratory Device market is basically segmented into three categories namely Anesthesia devices, Respiratory devices and on the basis of geography. The respiratory devices lead the market as compared to anesthetic devices, which has limited end users. The major factors driving the growth of this market are the steady increase in surgical procedures which need anesthesia, the large patient population, recent technological advancements and the reimbursements from healthcare insurance companies. The factors constraining the progress of this market are the cost competitiveness of the devices and lack of skilled labor that can use these sophisticated devices.
The major players in this market are AstraZeneca, Coviden PLC, Dragerwerk AG, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Corporation Limited, GlaxoSmithKline, Intersurgical Ltd, Phillips Healthcare
This Report Offers:
1) Market Definition for European anesthetic & respiratory devices mark along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the European anesthetic & respiratory devices market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Reasons for Buying this Report
1) For gaining an exhaustive understanding of the worldwide market for European anesthetic & respiratory devices market. Would be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade
2) An ideal opportunity for industry consultants, and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered
3) Wide-ranging information provided about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them
1.1 Report Description
1.2 Research Methodology
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1 Key Findings
2.2 Market Overview
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 Market Defenition
3.2 Market Drivers
3.2.1 Surgical Procedures requiring anesthesia
3.2.2 Technological advancements
3.2.3 Large Patient population
3.2.4 Reimbursement from healthcare insurance for purchase of medical device
3.2.5 Increased disposable income in emerging markets
3.3 Market Limitations
3.3.1 Expensive devices
3.3.2 Increased sophistication and technologies of the machines
4. EUROPEAN MARKETS: SEGMENTATION BY DEVICE TYPE
4.1 Anesthesia Devices
4.1.1 Anesthesia Machines
4.1.2 Anesthetic Monitors
4.1.3 Anesthetic Vaporizers
4.1.4 Analgesic Machines
4.1.5 Anesthetic Masks
4.1.6 Anesthetic Accessories
4.2 Respiratory Devices
4.2.3 Breathing Circuits
4.2.5 CPAP Devices
4.2.7 Oxygen Concentrators
4.2.11 Tracheostomy Tubes
4.2.12 Oxygen Cannulas
5.EUROPEAN MARKETS: GEOGRAPHICAL LANDSCAPE
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.2 Mergers & Acquisitions
6.4 New Product Launch
7. COMPANY PROFILES
7.2 Coviden PLC
7.3 Dragerwerk AG
7.4 Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Corporation Limited
7.6 Intersurgical Ltd
7.7 Phillips Healthcare