The South American soup market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% over the period 2016-2021 from an estimated value of USD 3097.11 million in 2016. Major companies are trying to increase awareness among consumers by launching promotional campaigns.
The demand for convenience foods is ever increasing in the South American region. Minimal effort for the preparation of packaged soups, the rise in awareness of the health benefits in soup consumption and new product launches ensure are driving the market. One of the major restraints of this market is the supply chain management, wherein chilled soups require an efficient cold chain supply and timely delivery. This increases the cost and reduces demand. Canned soups contain many preservatives and difficult to control fat content.
- The South American soup market has been segmented by form into liquid, dehydrated, instant, chilled, frozen, and UHT. By sales, the market is segmented into canned and dried soup, with the latter dominating the market.
- The South American soup market is also segmented by distribution channel into supermarkets/hypermarkets, convenience stores, online, direct selling and others. Of these, supermarkets/hypermarkets contribute the highest revenue.
The South American soup market has been geographically segmented into Brazil, Argentina, and others. While Brazil is the largest market for soups in the region, in countries such as Argentina and Columbia, the market is stagnant as people prefer home-made soups over packaged soups and the other alternatives like instant noodles.
The market for soups is highly fragmented with a large number of international and regional vendors. Some of the major players in the market include:
- Market analysis for the South America soup market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identifying the regions which are still untapped.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Rise in Disposable Income
4.1.2 Increase in Demand for Convenience Food Products
4.1.3 Increase in Awareness of Health Benefits
4.2.1 Supply Chain Problems and High Production Cost
4.2.2 Associated Health Concerns
4.3.1 New Product Launches
4.3.2 Increasing Demand in Developing Countries
4.4 Porter Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Form
5.2 By Sales
5.3 By Distribution Channel
5.3.1 Supermarkets/ Hypermarkets
5.3.2 Convenience Stores
5.3.3 Grocery Stores
5.3.4 Direct Selling
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 South America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Alfonzo Rivas &Cia CA
7.2 B&G Foods
7.3 Campbell Soup
7.4 Cia Brasileira de Distribuicao
7.5 ConAgra Foods
7.6 General Mills
7.7 Industrias Iberia CA
7.8 Kraft Heinz
7.9 Luis G Bonomi & Cia
7.10 Molinos Rio de la Plata SA
7.12 Quala SA
- Alfonzo Rivas &Cia CA
- B&G Foods
- Campbell Soup
- Cia Brasileira de Distribuicao
- ConAgra Foods
- General Mills
- Industrias Iberia CA
- Kraft Heinz
- Luis G Bonomi & Cia
- Molinos Rio de la Plata SA
- Quala SA