Physiotherapy forms an essential part of rehabilitation in post-surgery, chemotherapy and radiation cases. The physiotherapy equipment market is basically segmented based on the product type into equipment (Hydrotherapy, Electrotherapy, Continuous Passive Motion Units, traction aids, suspension aids etc.) and accessories (Orthoses and other assistive devices), based on application (cardiovascular and pulmonary, clinical electrophysiology, geriatric, orthopedic, sports etc.) and end users (Hospitals, healthcare centers, homes and clinics). Use of ultrasound for the management of soft tissue lesions was one of the most common physiotherapy equipment that has been used recently and will contribute the maximum revenue in the forecast period. Hospitals showed the maximum application of physiotherapy equipment owing to the infrastructure available and also the increasing number of patient pool. With the increase in the number of patients with Parkinson’s disease, Epilepsy and Autism, these equipment will show a wide application in the field of neurology in the forecast years.
The market has been segmented based on the geographical location into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and Latin America. North America has dominated the global physiotherapy equipment market in the year 2014. The increase in the geriatric population, changes and inclusion of technology in healthcare management and favorable government policies will continue to drive the physiotherapy market. The forecast period will also witness an increase in the demand of these equipment in Asia Pacific region owing to the increase in population and change in healthcare policies.
The key players of Global Physiotherapy Equipment market are Life Care Systems, .BTL Industries, Djo Global, Enraf-Nonius and many others.
Changes in the musculoskeletal system with age, the growing cases of cardiovascular and neurological disorders like Parkinson’s disease, Autism, Epilepsy etc. and the changing healthcare reforms in many developing countries are the major market drivers for the global physiotherapy equipment market.
High maintenance cost of the equipment and lack of skilled labors, inadequate reimbursement policies and available alternative therapies like acupuncture are some of the key points that will challenge the market.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS:
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Global physiotherapy equipment Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the global physiotherapy equipment Market on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.2. Market definition
1.3. Sizzing units
1.4. Base currency
1.5. Reviews and forecast period years
1.6. General study assumptions
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.2. Analysis Methodology
2.3. Econometric Forecast Model
2.4. Research Assumptions
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. KEY INFERENCES
5. MARKET OVERVIEW AND INDUSTRY TRENDS
5.1. Current market scenario
5.3. Technology Overview
5.4. Industry Value-Chain Analysis
5.5. Product Life-Cycle Analysis
5.6. Product Benchmarking
5.7 Investment Analysis
5.8 Porter’s Five Forces
5.8.1. Bargaining Power of suppliers
5.8.2. Bargaining power of buyers
5.8.3. Degree of competition
5.8.4. Threat of substitution
5.8.5. Threat of new entrants
6. DRIVERS, RESTRAINTS, OPPORTUNITIES, and CHALLENGES Analysis (DROC)
6.1. Market Drivers
6.1.1. Growing musculoskeletal disorders
6.1.2. Growing Incidences of Cardiovascular and Neurological Disorders
6.1.3. Increase in demand for rehabilitation after surgeries, chemotherapy and radiation
6.1.4. Health care reforms of various countries undergoing rapid change
6.1.5. Increasing awareness among people about the therapeutic applications of the physical therapy
6.2. Market Restraints
6.2.1. High maintainanace cost of equipments.
6.2.2. Lack of trained and skilled personnels.
6.2.3. Inadequate reimbursement policies.
6.3 Key Challenges
6.3.1. Upcoming Alternative therapy
6.4. Current Opportunities in the market
6.4.1.Technological advances like robotics, implanted devices, interactive video games etc.
7. Global industry of Physiotherapy equipment market segmentation
7.1 By product
7.1.1 By equipment
220.127.116.11. heat and cold therapy
18.104.22.168. Continuous Passive Motions Units
22.214.171.124. Mutiexercise therapy unit
126.96.36.199. Suspension aids
188.8.131.52. Traction aids
184.108.40.206 Laser therapy units
220.127.116.11 Shortwave diathermy
18.104.22.168 Interferential therapy
7.1.2. By accessories
22.214.171.124. Other assistive devices
7.2. By Application
7.2.1. Cardiovascular and pulmonary
7.2.9. Women's health
7.2.10. Palliative care
7.3. By End Users
7.3.2. Healthcare centres
8. Global Industry of Things Market, by Geography – Regional Share and Forecasts
8.1 North America (NA)
8.1.2 United States
8.1.4 Rest of North America
8.2.3 United Kingdom
8.2.8 Rest of the Europe
8.3 Asia-Pacific (APAC)
8.3.6 South Korea
8.3.7 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.4 Middle-East and Africa (MEA)
10.4.3 Saudi Arabia
10.4.5 Rest of the MEA
8.5 Latin America
10.5.5 Rest of Latin America
9. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
9.1 Merger and Acquisition Analysis
9.2 Patent Analysis
9.3 The Challengers
10. KEY VENDOR ANALYSIS
10.1.Life Care Systems
10.3. Djo Global
10.10. Mettler Electronics
11. Analyst Outlook for Investment Opportunities
12. Future Outlook of the Market