The market for smoking cessation aids have been segmented into NRT Gums, NRT Lozenges, NRT Inhalers, NRT Patches, Sprays, Drugs and electronic cigarettes. Nicotine replacement therapy has the largest market segment with many OTC products. Amongst NRT products, NRT Gums has the largest share in the market. Amongst prescription products, inhalers, and sprays have the largest market. However, there is a rapid growth in electronic cigarettes, NRT lozenges, and NRT patches market due to ease of use. The drug therapy for Smoking cessation did not have a good impact. Amongst drugs Zyban by GSK and Chantix by Pfizer are used as first line therapy. However, due to many adverse effects of these drugs like suicidal tendency etc., there have been a decline in market of drug as a smoking cessation aid. The key players in smoking cessation therapy market are GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Novartis, Johnson and Johnson, Cipla Ltd. And others.
Large Tobacco Consuming Population, Awareness amongst Smokers on hazards of smoking, Banning of Tobacco product advertisement in many countries are the key factors augmenting the market as market driver.
Adverse effect of drugs, is one the challenge that drug therapy market for Smoking cessation has witnessed.
This Report Offers:
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Smoking cessation Aids Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Smoking cessation Aids Market on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Report Desciption
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Definition
3.2 Market Drivers
3.2.1 Large Population Addicted to smoking
3.2.2 Awareness on hazards of Smoking
3.2.3 Banning Advertisements of Tobacco products
3.3 Pipeline - Products currently in development
3.4 Market Challenges
3.4.1 Adverse effects of Drugs
3.5 Porter's five forces for cord blood stem cell market
3.5.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining power of buyers
3.5.4 Threats of new entrants
3.5.5 Threats from substitutes
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 NRT Gum
4.2 NRT lozenges
4.3 NRT Inhalers
4.4 NRT Patches
4.7 Electronic Ciggarettes
5. Global Market: Geographical Landscape
5.1 North America
5.3.4 South Korea
5.4 Rest of the World
6. Competitive landscape
6.2 Mergers and Acquisition
6.4 New Product Launch
7. Key Players
7.1 Reckitt Benckiser Plc
7.3 GlaxoSmithKline Plc
7.6 Johnson and Johnson
7.7 Bayer AG
7.8 Cipla Ltd.
7.9 Takeda Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd.