The applications of surgical sealants and adhesives lies in all major surgical procedures like general surgery neuro surgery, cardiovascular surgery, Pulmonary surgery, Orthopedic surgery and many other surgical procedures. The market of surgical sealants and adhesives is growing rapidly at a sustained pace. The increasing use of sealants in various surgical procedures, along with increasing in number of surgical procedures, and gradually more need for management of blood loss are the key drivers for the market. Recently more regulatory approvals and more technologically advanced products are boosting the market for surgical sealants and adhesives. The market have been segmented into two by product and by application. The segmentation by product includes both natural and synthetic sealants and adhesives. The natural products have been further segmented into Fibrin, gelatin, and collagen based sealants and adhesives. The Synthetic and Semi-syntheic segment have also been further subdivided into Cyanoacrylates, Urethane based adhesives, polymeric hydrogels and polyethylene glycol polymers. Due to better mechanical properties and hydrogels market has the largest share amongst the synthetic based sealants and adhesives. The segmentation by application have been divided based on various surgical procedures it is used, like pulmonary surgery, neuro-surgery, cardiovascular, general surgery etc. Natural products are currently the most widely used surgical sealant. The North America has the largest market in terms of global share. However there is a rapid growth in Asia pacific and European market. The key players in this market are Baxter International, B Braun Melsungen AG, Johnson and Johnson, Medtronic, Cohera Medical Inc. Sanofi Group, Cryolife Inc., CR Bard Inc. Vivostat A/S and many others.
Increasing number of surgical procedures, increasing use of surgical sealants and adhesives, Advancement in technology, minimally invasive method, and reduction in blood loss.
Clinical data for regulatory affairs
This Report Offers:
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the surgical sealant and adhesives Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the surgical sealant and adhesives Market on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Report Desciption
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
2.1 Key Findings
2.2 Market Overview
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Drivers
3.2.1 Increasing Surgical procedures
3.2.2 Increasing need for managing blood loss
3.2.3 Increasing use of Surgical Adhesives
3.2.4 Advancement in technology and its use
3.3 Pipeline - Products currently in development
3.3.1 By Companies
3.3.2 By Universities/institutions
3.4 Market Challenges
3.4.1 Regulatory requirements (Clinical Data)
3.5 Porter's five forces for cord blood stem cell market
3.5.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining power of buyers
3.5.4 Threats of new entrants
3.5.5 Threats from substitutes
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product
4.1.1 By type (Natural and synthetics)
188.8.131.52 Natural or Biological Sealants and adhesives
184.108.40.206.1 Fibrin sealant
220.127.116.11.2 Gelatin Based Adhesives
18.104.22.168.3 Collagen Based Adhesives
22.214.171.124 Synthetic and semi synthetic Adhesives and Sealants
126.96.36.199.2 Urethane based Adhesives
188.8.131.52.3 Polymeric Hydrogels
184.108.40.206.3 Polyethylene glycol polymers
4.1.3 By Origin
220.127.116.11 Human Blood Based
18.104.22.168 Animal Based
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 General Surgery
4.2.2 Dental Surgery
4.2.3 Cardiovascular Surgery
4.2.4 Cosmetic Surgery
4.2.5 Ophthalmic Surgery
4.2.6 Orthopedic Surgery
4.2.7 Pulmonary Surgery
5. Global Market: Geographical Landscape
5.1 North America
5.3.4 South Korea
5.4 Rest of the World
6. Competitive landscape
6.2 Mergers and Acquisition
6.4 New Product Launch
7. Key Players
7.2 Johnson & Johnson
7.4 C.R. Bard Inc.
7.5 Sanofi Group
7.6 B Braun Melsungen AG
7.7 Baxter International Inc.
7.8 Cohera Medical Inc.
7.9 Ocular Therapeutics
7.10 Vivostat A/S