Hair restoration services is a procedure in which hair is moved from the back and/or sides of the scalp, where the hair is permanent (donor area), to areas that are thinning or bald on the front, top, or crown of the scalp (recipient area). Once transplanted, the hair will continue to grow for a person’s lifetime.
The global hair restoration services market consist of four segments:
1. The technique of hair transplant has come to the rescue. There are two techniques of hair transplant, one is called the FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and the other is known as FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant). FUT technique is the one majorly adopted by doctors, but FUE is also seen to be gaining momentum with the advent of international chains and few trained FUE doctors. The cost per graft in the market varies from INR 50 to INR 200 and more depending on the technique used, operating doctor name, clinic’s brand name, location of the center etc.
2. By therapy - Laser cap, Revage laser system, Theradome LH80 Pro, iGrow hair grow system.
3. By geography - North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the world. The size of the Indian hair transplant market is estimated at INR 453 Crore in FY 2012-13. In addition, International chains are seeing India as a potential market for hair restoration.
Growing celebrity and media influence, increasing awareness to take care of one’s appearance, peer pressure, societal pressure, growing urbanization, higher income, higher awareness levels and growing word of mouth are the potential drivers for the hair restoration market. Further, large number of customers in the age group of 25 - 30 years (at the time of marriage) undergoes hair transplant service in the country.
Some of the key players of the market are :- Allergan, Inc., Alma Laser, Beiersdorf AG, Cynosure, L'Oréal SA, Lumenis, Personal Microderm, Solta Medical, Inc., Photomedex etc.
What makes our report unique?
1. Market Definition for the Global hair restoration services Market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the Global hair restoration services Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Report description
1.2 Research methodology
2. Executive summary
3. Market overview
3.1 Market definitions
3.2 Market drivers
3.2 1 increasing awareness to take care of one’s appearance
3.2.2 societal pressure and higher awareness levels
3.3 Market restraints
3.3.1 Cost constraint
3.3.2 Lack of Awareness among people
3.4 Market opportunities
3.5 Market threats
4. Portors five force analysis
4.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
4.3 Degree of competition
4.4 Threat of substitution
4.5 Threat of new entrants
5. Market segmentation
5.1 By technology
5.1.1 Follicular unit extraction (FUE)
5.1.2 Follicular unit transplant (FUT)
5.2 By therapy
5.2.1 Laser cap
5.2.2 Revage laser system
5.2.3 Theradome LH80 PRO
5.2.4 iGrow Hair Growth System
5.3 By geography
5.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the world
6. Competitive landscape
6.1 Mergers and acquisitions
6.2 Collaborations, partnerships and agreements
6.3 New product launches
6.4 Recommendations of new market players
7. Company profiles
7.1 Allergan, Inc.
7.2 Alma Laser
7.3 Beiersdorf AG
7.5 L'Oréal SA
7.7 Personal Microderm
7.8 Solta Medical, Inc.