The market for anti-obesity drugs have been segmented based on the type i.e. peripherally acting anti-obesity drugs and centrally acting anti-obesity drugs. Market for the Anti-obesity drugs is expected to increase due to rapid increase in patient population round the world and chronic nature of the disease. Due to limited efficacy of the current drugs and challenges in Combination therapy the Market expects novel drugs with better efficacy and lesser side effects.US FDA banned sibutramine in 2010 followed by UK, China, India and many other big markets. So, there is a Void for new players. As Bariatic surgery is not a replacement for drugs in obese patients so, the market size is always growing. Osymia, Suprenza, Xenical are amongst the most widely prescribed drugs for long term therapy. However, presently research is ongoing for combination therapy and drugs with lesser side effects. Contrave (NDA filled) by Takeda Pharmaceuticals is one of the drugs that have come up for combination therapy but US FDA approval is pending. Arena Pharmaceutical, GlaxoSmithKline, Novo-nordisk, Orexigen Therapeutics, Vivus, F. Hoffmann-La Roche are the key Players in the market.
Rapidly changing lifestyle, large patient pool all round the world, chronic nature of the disease are the major market drivers.
High expenditure of on research and development, Side effects on the existing drugs and not much availability of combination therapy poses a challenge in Market for anti-obesity drugs.
This Report Offers:
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Global Anti-Obesity drugs Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Anti-Obesity drugs Market on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Report Desciption
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
2.1 Key Findings
2.2 Market Overview
3. Market Overview
3.2 Epidemology (Rate of Incidence and Prevalance)
3.3 Market Drivers
3.3.1 Large Patient pool
3.3.2 Chronic Disease
3.4 Market Landscape
3.5 Market Trend
3.6 Pipeline - Products currently in development
3.6.1 By Companies
3.6.2 By Universities/institutions
3.7 Market Challenges
3.8 Market Forecast
4. Market Segmentation
4.1. By Mechanism of Action
4.1.1. Peripherally acting Anti-obesity drugs
4.1.2. Centrally acting Anti-obesity Drugs
4.2. By Prescription/ Non-Prescription
4.2.1 Prescription Drugs
4.2.2 OTC drugs
5. Global Market: Geographical Landscape
5.1 North America
5.3.4 South Korea
6. Competitive landscape
6.2 Mergers and Acquisition
6.4 New Product Launch
7. Key Players
7.1 Arena Pharmaceuticals
7.3 Orexigen Therapeutics
7.4 F Hoffmann La- Roche
7.6 Boehringer Ingelheim
7.7 Novo Nordisk