The Global Radar Systems Market is valued at USD 5.72 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD 27.8 billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 5.41% during the forecast period of 2017 - 2022.
RADAR (RAdio Detection and Ranging) systems utilize radio technology to detect and track the position, velocity and range of the objects. They are used widely in defense applications to detect Aircrafts, Submarines, missiles, motor vehicles, tanks and other vessels. They are also used in UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) systems for navigation. They are used to study terrains and weather formations. The RADAR system has two parts, the transmitter module transmits radio or microwaves which get reflected by objects in its range. The reflected waves are received by receiver module of RADAR which are analyzed to determine the position and properties of that object. RADAR systems have become a crucial piece of equipment in Military and Defense applications. The RADAR technology is continuously evolving. With innovations in 3D RADAR systems, the technology is also finding major applications in weather forecast and mapping.
Increased use of UAVs in military and defense is driving the growth of this market. With RADAR systems finding applications in multiple fields the technology is expected to see increased innovations. Increased spending of countries on military and security is driving the market forward. However the development of stealth systems which can absorb Radio waves and go undetected is hindering the growth of this market. These stealth systems can go undetected by RADAR, which is increasing their demand while bolstering the growth of RADAR systems market.
Global RADAR systems market can be segmented based on Type (Continuous wave RADAR systems, Pulsated wave RADAR systems, and Others), by Application (Land-based, Airborne, Naval and Others) by End User Industry (Military & Defense, Aviation, Space Technology, Maritime Applications, Weather Monitoring, and Others) and by Geography (North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East and Africa).
This report also considers key trends that will impact the industry and key profiles of leading companies which include Lockheed Martin Corporation, Rockwell Collins, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon Corporation, Reutech Radar Systems, General Dynamics, Saab group, Airbus Defense and Space, Thales group, Israel Aerospace Industries, BAE systems, Finmeccanica SPA and others.
This report describes a detailed study of the Porter's five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. It also covers the market landscape of top players which includes the key growth strategies, geographical footprint, and competition analysis.
This Report Offers:
- Market Definition for RADAR systems along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Global RADAR systems Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the RADAR systems market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Key Findings of The Study
1.3 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.2 Porters Five Force Analysis
3.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Market Dynamics
5. Global RADAR systems Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Continuous Wave RADAR Systems
5.1.2 Pulsated Wave RADAR Systems
5.2 By Application
5.3 By End User Industry
5.3.1 Military and Defence
5.3.3 Space Technolgy
5.3.4 Maritime Applications
5.3.5 Weather Monitoring
5.4 By Region
5.4.1 North America
5.4.3 Asia Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
6. Vendor Market Share Analysis
7. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
7.1 Lockheed Martin Corporation
7.2 Rockwell collins
7.3 Northrop Grumman
7.4 Raytheon Corporation
7.5 Reutech Radar Systems
7.6 General Dynamics
7.7 Saab group
7.8 Airbus Defense and Space
7.9 Thales group
7.10 Israel Aerospace Industries
7.11 BAE systems
7.12 Finmeccanica SPA
8. Investment Analysis
8.1 Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
8.2 Investment Scenario & Opportunities
9. Future of Global RADAR systems Market
- Airbus Defense and Space
- BAE systems
- Finmeccanica SPA
- General Dynamics
- Israel Aerospace Industries
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Northrop Grumman
- Raytheon Corporation
- Reutech Radar Systems
- Rockwell collins
- Saab group
- Thales group