The Global Particle Size Analysis Market is valued at USD 0.204 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD 0.281 billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 10.26% during the forecast period of 2017 - 2022. Growth in the industry is fueled by the expansion of parent industries like pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and food & beverage. Particle size analysis finds is a cumulative term for analysis of powders, emulsions, suspensions and aerosols.
The market is being driven by the rise of new technologies like nanotechnology, increased funding and grants for research in fields like pharmaceuticals and chemicals, emphasis on quality control regulations by pharmaceuticals, growth in technology bringing out better particle analysis systems that allow sampling to be done with a significantly reduced sample size. However, the market is hindered by higher cost of analyzer systems, relatively high import duties for these products, especially in developing countries, and competition from sampling labs. As these technologies are new, customers are not aware of them, leading to a largely untapped market brimming with potential.
The market is segmented based on the size of the particle to be analyzed, by the technology used, by dispersion type and regionally.
- Market analysis for the global particle analysis systems with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global particle analyzer system market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions which are still untapped.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
4.2 Market Size and Forecast
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Model
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat from New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat from Substitute Product Types
4.4.5 Competition Rivalary within the Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Advancement in Technology (Especially Nanotechnology)
5.1.2 Increasingingly Strict Quality Control Guidelines (Especailly Pharmaceuticals)
5.1.3 Increase in Purchasing Power of Companies
5.1.4 Increase in Research (Due to Grants and Funding)
5.1.5 Decrease in Sample Quantity Required
5.2.1 High Cost of Analyzer Equiment.
5.2.2 Competetion from Sampling Labs
5.2.3 Customers Being Unaware of New Technologies
5.2.4 High Import Duty in Certain Countries
6. Particle Size Analysis Systems Products Market Segmentation, Forecasts and Trends
6.1 By Size of Particle
6.1.1 0.1nm to 1nm
6.1.2 1nm to 10nm
6.1.3 10nm to 1 µm
6.1.4 1 µm to 100 µm
6.1.5 100 µm to 10mm
6.2 By Technology
6.2.1 Taylor Dispersion Analysis
6.2.2 Dynamic Light Scattering
6.2.3 Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis
6.2.4 Resonant Mass Measurment
6.2.5 Laser Diffraction
6.2.6 Spatial Filter Velocimetry
6.2.7 Automated Imaging
6.3 By Dispersion Type
6.3.1 Wet Particle
6.3.2 Dry Particle
6.3.3 Spray Particle
6.4 By Industry
6.4.2 Food, Beverage & Nutrition
6.4.4 Agriculture & Forestry
6.5 By Geography
6.5.1 North America
6.5.4 Latin America
6.5.5 Africa and Middle East
7. Vendor Market Share
8. Competitive Analysis - Company Profiles
8.1 Malvern Instruments Ltd.
8.2 Horiba Ltd.
8.3 Agilent Technologies
8.4 Microtrac Inc.
8.5 Beckman Coulter Inc.
8.6 IZON Science Limited
8.7 Shimadzu Corporation
8.9 Micromeritics Instruments Corporation
9. Future of Global Particle Size System Analyzers