The US Gas Sensors market is valued at USD 0.484 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD 0.638 billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 4.69 % during the forecast period of 2017 - 2022.The proliferation of handheld devices has led to developments in the field of smart gas sensors considerably widening their application scope. The need for ensuring safety in workplaces is expected to be the key driving force for the market over the next six years. Regulations in developed markets of North America mandate the use of these sensors in potentially hazardous environments. The growing incorporation of gas sensors in automobiles for the comfort and safety of passengers is mainly responsible for the growth of the automotive gas sensors market.
Increasing use of gas sensors in breath analysis to check the health of patients is also driving the demand for gas sensors. The major trend driving the US gas sensors market is the development of wireless capabilities and miniaturization, coupled with improved communication capabilities that enable their integration into various devices and machines, without compromising the detection of toxic or flammable gases at safe distances. The US is one of the major markets for gas sensors. However, operational issues are affecting consumer adoption in emerging markets. The evolving nature of the market is leading to rapid changes and overcrowding of sensors for major gases like carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide. Rising costs are also an issue in an ever-changing market characterized by innovations and low product differentiation.
The US gas sensors market is segmented on the basis of type (oxygen sensors, carbon dioxide sensors, carbon monoxide sensors, nox sensors, and others), technology (electrochemical sensors, semiconductor sensors, solid state/MOS, PID, catalytic, and IR), and industry (medical, building automation, environmental, petrochemical, automotive, industrial, and others).
This report gives a detailed study of the Porter's five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. The report also covers the market landscape of these players, which includes the key growth strategies and competition analysis.
The report also considers key trends that will impact the industry and profiles over 10 leading suppliers of the gas sensors market. Some of the top companies mentioned in the report are:
This Report Offers:
- Market definition for the US gas sensors along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the US gas sensors market with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the US gas sensors market on regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Key Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 INCREASED DEMAND FOR GAS SENSORS IN AUTOMOBILES FOR COMPLIANCE WITH GOVERNMENTAL
4.2.2 GROWING AWARENESS ON OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS ACROSS MAJOR INDUSTRIES
4.2.3 Rising Demand for Safety Systems in the Oil and Gas Industry
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 TECHNICAL (OPERATIONAL) ISSUES IMPEDING NEW CUSTOMER ADOPTION
4.3.2 RISING COSTS AND LACK OF PRODUCT DIFFERENTIATION
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness â€“ Porter's Five Forces
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. United States Gas Sensors Market Segmentation - By Type
5.2 Carbon Monoxide (CO)
5.3 Carbon Dioxide(CO2)
5.4 Nitrogen Oxide
5.6 Others (Ammonia, Methane)
6. United States Gas Sensors Market Segmentation - By Technology
6.2 Photoionization Detectors (PID)
6.3 Solid State/Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor
7. United States Gas Sensors Market Segmentation - By Application
7.2 Consumer Electronics
7.3 Building Automation
7.6 Food & Beverages
7.9 Oil & Gas
8. Company Profiles (Key Vendors in United States)
9. Investment Analysis
10. Future of the United States Gas Sensors Market