SAW sensors are powered by the energy of radio waves emitted by the associated transceiver unit when remotely interrogating the sensors in real-time. SAWs are well suited for either fixed or wireless sensor applications as the specific sensor constituent to be measured typically varies one or more of the SAW's physical parameters. This variation allows a physical sensor parameter, such as temperature, to be directly converted to an amplitude, phase or frequency parameter of the SAW. The growth of the Surface Acoustic Wave Sensors Market is currently being hindered by replacing SAW Sensors with other sensors in conventional applications. The Asia Pacific region is expected to estimate a huge growth rate when compared to other regions because of the presence of developing countries such as China & India, followed by North America and Europe.
The Inclination of Growth towards Telecommunications Market, Wireless and Passive Nature, Low Manufacturing Cost and Technological Developments are the key drivers which are making the Surface Acoustic Wave Sensors market to grow lucratively.
The Surface Acoustic Wave Sensors market is segmented on the basis of Type (Surface Transverse Wave Sensor, Flexural Plate Wave Sensors, Rayleigh Surface Acoustic Sensor and Others), Application (Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, Consumer Electronics, Healthcare, Industrial and Others), and Geography (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa).
This report describes a detailed study of the Porter ’s five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. It also covers the market landscape of these players which includes the key growth strategies, geographical footprint, and competition analysis.
The report also considers key trends that will impact the industry and profiles over 10 leading suppliers of Surface Acoustic Wave Sensors Market. Some of the top companies mentioned in the report are CTS Corporation (U.S.), Honeywell International Inc. (U.S.), Panasonic Corporation (Japan), Teledyne Microwave Solutions (U.S.), Boston Piezo-optics INC. (U.S.), and among others.
This Report Offers:
1. Market Definition for the Surface Acoustic Wave Sensors Market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the Global Surface Acoustic Wave Sensors Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Surface Acoustic Wave Sensors Market on both global and regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Market Definition
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Dynamics
3.1 Technology Snapshot
3.1.1Components of SAW sensors
3.1.2 Types of acoustic waves
188.8.131.52 Bulk acoustic waves
184.108.40.206.1 Flexural waves
220.127.116.11.2 Torsional waves
18.104.22.168.3 Acoustic plate modes
22.214.171.124 Surface generated acoustic waves
126.96.36.199.1 Surface acoustic wave
188.8.131.52.2 Love wave
184.108.40.206.3 Pseudo surface waves
220.127.116.11.4 Liquid guided acoustic wave
18.104.22.168.5 Lamb wave
3.2 Drivers for SAW Sensors
3.2.1 Wireless and passive nature of sensors
3.2.2 Penetration of Micro Electro Mechanical System (MEMS) technology
3.2.3 Low Manufacturing Cost
3.3 Restraints for SAW Sensors
3.3.1 Manufacturing and packaging issues
3.3.2 Compatibility and installation issues
3.3.3 Limitations in liquid sensing
3.4 Porter’s Five Forces
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Sensing Type
4.1.1 Pressure Sensors
4.1.2 Torque Sensors
4.1.3 Viscosity Sensors
4.1.4 Chemical Sensors
4.1.5 Humidity Sensors
4.1.6 Mass Sensors
4.1.7 Temperature Sensors
4.2 By Application
4.2.2 Aerospace and Defence
4.2.3 Consumer Electronics
4.3 By Material Substrate
4.3.2 Lithium Tantalate
4.3.3 Lithum Niobate
4.3.4 Others (PZT, SiC, GaAs, LGS, etc.)
4.4. By Geography
4.4.1 North America
4.4.3 Asia Pacific
4.4.4 Latin America
4.4.5 Middle East and Africa
5. Company Profiles of Surface Acoustic Wave Sensors Market (May Alter based on the Final Estimates)
5.1 API Technologies Corp.
5.2 Vectron International
5.3 AVX Corporation
5.4 Boston Piezo-Optics Inc.
5.6 CTS Corporation
5.8 Honeywell International
5.9 Teledyne Microwave Solutions
5.10 Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
5.11 Panasonic Corp.
5.12 Raltron Electronics Corporation
6. Investment Analysis
6.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
6.2 Investor Outlook
7. Future Outlook of Surface Acoustic Wave Sensors Market