As of 2015, China has the second largest packaging industry, and in the last five years, the country has also come to posses world's largest automotive market. Rapid growth in these sectors will continue to boost demand for HDPE in China.
High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) is one of the most widely used plastics in a range of industrial sectors. HDPE is highly versatile, suggested by the broad portfolio of its applications that ranges from food packaging, beverage bottles, cosmetics, care products and household goods to technical parts and products for the construction sector.
The major driving factors in this market are comparitively low cost and the growing demand for HDPE in food and beverage packaging industry. Rise in demand for plastic pipes as a substitute for applications like domestic plumbing is also a major driving force in this market. However, materials such as polypropylene may restrict the market for HDPE. Artificial knee caps made from high density polyethylene, with ultra high molecular weight, can be the future trend in HDPE market.
1) The report will be useful in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the regional market. It will also be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade
2) The report will be an ideal source material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
3) The report contains wide range of information about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
1) Market Definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. High-density Polyethylene (HDPE)
3.2 Current Market Scenario
3.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.4 Industry Attractiveness Porters 5 Force Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.2.1 Growing Packaging and Construction Industries
4.2.2 Increasing Use of Plastic Pipes as a Substituent
4.2.3 Comparatively Lower Cost
4.3.1 Competition from Traditional Materials
4.3.2 Growing Popularity of Engineering Polymers
4.4.1 Ultra-High Molecular Weight HDPE
4.4.2 Expansion Into New & Emerging Markets
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Blow Molded
5.1.3 Injection Molded
5.1.4 Pipe and Conduit
5.1.5 Rotational Molded
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Pipes & Tubes
5.2.2 Fuel Tanks
5.2.3 Processing Equipment
5.2.4 Wire and Cable Insulations
5.2.5 Healthcare Applications
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.1 North America
6.1.1 United States
6.2.2 United Kingdom
6.2.4 Rest of Europe
6.3.3 South Korea
6.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.4 Rest of the World
6.4.1 Latin America
6.4.2 Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures & Collaborations
7.3 Market Share Analysis
7.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles
8.1 BASF Corp.
8.2 Braskem SA
8.3 Chemtura Corp.
8.4 Chevron Phillips Chemical Co.
8.5 Cummins Inc.
8.6 Dow Chemicals
8.7 DuPont Engineering Polymers
8.8 Evonik Industries
8.9 ExxonMobil Chemical Co.
8.10 Indian Oil Corp. Ltd.
8.11 Ineos Olefins & Polymers
8.12 Innospec Inc.
8.14 Petronas Chemicals
8.15 Qatar Chemical Co.
8.18 SINOPEC Corp.
8.19 Thai Polyethylene Co. Ltd.
8.20 Total SA