Superabsorbent polymers (SAPs) are materials with the capability to absorb and hold up to 500 times their own weight in liquid even under pressure. The absorption drops to a still impressive figure of 50 times their weight in salty body fluids such as urine. The product is used in form of a white grainy powder, mainly to make baby diapers. Other key areas for research and marketing are adult incontinence and female hygiene products. Superabsorbent polymers are also used for moisture control in car seats and food packaging.
Adult incontinence products represent another major end-use of super-absorbent polymers. With rising life expectancies, particularly in developed economies, demand for adult incontinence products is witnessing strong gains. In addition, technological advancement has facilitated the use of superabsorbent polymers in several end-market applications.
Efforts from governement and social organizations are also encouraging the use of products made using these polymers. Impressive applications of these products, in agriculture and horticulture for the purposes of water retention and absorption, are creating strong growth prospects for this industry. Technological advancements in the market, increasing the application of this product in different segments, is a good sign for the industry in terms of business expansions and revenue channels.
This report contains information on analysis of the market segmented by product type (Polyacrylamide, sodium polyacrylate and others), By application (Baby diapers, adult incontinence products, Sanitary napkins, agriculture support products and others) and by geography (England, France, Italy, Germany and other countries). Some of the key players in this market are BASF SE, Procter and Gamble Co., Bayer AG and Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings.
Rapid increase in population and substantial awareness among consumers about personal hygiene are the major drivers determining the market trend.
Expensive raw materials and lack of a fixed price margin along with global changes in health regulations norms are identified to be the major restraints impending market growth.
SPECIALITIES OF THIS REPORT
1) The report will be useful in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the regional market. It will also be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade
2) The report will be an ideal source material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
3) The report contains wide range of information about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
1) Market Definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Outline
2. Executive Summary
3. Superabsorbent Polymers
3.2 Current Market Scenario
3.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.4 Industry Attractiveness Porters 5 Force Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.2 Sodium Polyacrylate
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Baby Diapers
5.2.2 Adult Incontinence Products
5.2.3 Sanitary Napkins
5.2.4 Agriculture Support
5.2.5 Others (Food Packaging, Healthcare, etc.)
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.2 United Kingdom
6.4 Rest of Europe
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures & Collaborations
7.3 Market Share Analysis
7.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Products & Services, Financials, Recent Developments)
8.1 BASF SE
8.2 Evonik Industries AG
8.3 Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd.
8.4 LG Chem Ltd.
8.5 SDP Global Co. Ltd.
8.6 Sumitomo Seika Chemicals Co. Ltd.
8.7 Procter & Gamble Co.
8.8 Bayer AG
8.9 Wanhua Chemical Group
8.10 Formosa Plastics Co.
8.11 Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings
8.13 Johnson & Johnson
8.15 Colgate-Palmolive Company
8.16 Avon Products Inc.
8.17 Beiersdorf AG
8.18 EstÃ©e Lauder Companies
8.19 Archer Daniels Midland Company
8.20 Kao Corporation
8.21 Yixing Danson Technology
8.22 Songwon Industrial Co. Ltd.
8.23 Sanyo Chemical Industries, Ltd.
8.24 Sinopec Group