In Canada, Long Lake (an integrated oil sands operation) uses gasification to produce hydrogen, steam, and power to upgrade synthetic crude oil extracted from the tar sands. Immense reserves of coal and shale gas will create ample opportunities for syngas production and this in turn will drive North American market in coming years.
The derivatives of syngas have a wide range of applications in chemical intermediates, fertilizers, transportation and water treatment. Methanol, ammonia and hydrogen are some of the most important derivatives of syngas. Ammonia, a Syngas derivative with high nitrogen content, is a major plant nutrient and hence used widely in fertilizer manufacturing industry. Methanol plays a vital role in the production of acetic acid, formaldehyde, dimethyl ether (DME) and various other chemicals. Syngas is also increasingly used for the generation of electricity and clean transportation fuels, such as gasoline, diesel, and SNG.
The market for Synthesis Gas is dominated by large multinationals such as BASF and DOW Chemicals. Other key industry participants include CF Industries Holdings Inc., Agrium Inc., ConocoPhillips Co., etc.
SPECIALITIES OF THIS REPORT
1) The report will be useful in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the regional market. It will also be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade
2) The report will be an ideal source material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
3) The report contains wide range of information about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
1) Market Definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Outline
2. Executive Summary
3. Syngas & Derivatives
3.2 Current Market Scenario
3.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.4 Industry Attractiveness Porters 5 Force Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By End-uses
5.1.1 Power generation
5.1.3 Liquid fuels
5.1.4 Gaseous fuels
5.2 By Feedstock
5.2.2 Natural gas
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.1 United States
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures & Collaborations
7.3 Market Share Analysis
7.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Products & Services, Financials, Recent Developments)
8.2 Royal Dutch Shell
8.3 Haldor Topsoe
8.4 KBR, Inc.
8.5 Dow Chemical Co.
8.6 BP Global
8.7 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.
8.8 SynGas Technology LLC
8.9 Chicago Bridge and Iron Co.
8.10 Linde Group
8.11 Siemens AG
8.12 General Electric
8.13 OXEA GmbH
8.16 Agrium Inc.
8.17 CF Industries Holdings Inc.
8.18 Sasol Ltd.
8.19 ConocoPhillips Co.
8.20 Foster Wheeler AG
8.21 Linc Energy Ltd.
8.22 Technip SA
8.23 Sasol Ltd.
8.24 Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd.