Superabsorbent polymers (SAPs) are a unique group of materials that can absorb over a hundred times their weight in liquids and do not easily release the absorbed fluids under pressure. These polymers are used in hygiene products as well as agricultural industries. Growing awareness towards hygiene, especially across the emerging regions, is expected to create strong business opportunities globallly in the superabsorbent polymers market. One of the key type of super absorbent polymers is sodium polyacrylate. The main raw material for super absorbent polymer products is acrylic acid.
In terms of both volume and value, the fastest growth rate during the forecast period is associated with its application in construction, packaging, wire and cable, oil and gas and fire-fighting sectors. Country wise, USA is the top most consumer of SAP product with consumption reaching 555 kilo tons by 2020. It is also the largest market growing at a CAGR almost in par with the global average till 2020.
With growing interest and increase in the number of applications, it is expected that the global industry will register strong growth in the near future with new investments and huge expansions.
SPECIALITIES OF THIS REPORT
1) The report will be useful in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the regional market. It will also be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade
2) The report will be an ideal source material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
3) The report contains wide range of information about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
1) Market Definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Outline
2. Executive Summary
3. Superabsorbent Polymers
3.2 Current Market Scenario
3.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.4 Industry Attractiveness Porters 5 Force Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.2 Sodium Polyacrylate
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Baby Diapers
5.2.2 Adult Incontinence Products
5.2.3 Sanitary Napkins
5.2.4 Agriculture Support
5.2.5 Others (Food Packaging, Healthcare, etc.)
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.1 United States
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures & Collaborations
7.3 Market Share Analysis
7.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Products & Services, Financials, Recent Developments)
8.1 BASF SE
8.2 Evonik Industries AG
8.3 Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd.
8.4 LG Chem Ltd.
8.5 SDP Global Co. Ltd.
8.6 Sumitomo Seika Chemicals Co. Ltd.
8.7 Procter & Gamble Co.
8.8 Bayer AG
8.9 Wanhua Chemical Group
8.10 Formosa Plastics Co.
8.11 Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings
8.13 Johnson & Johnson
8.15 Colgate-Palmolive Company
8.16 Avon Products Inc.
8.17 Beiersdorf AG
8.18 EstÃ©e Lauder Companies
8.19 Archer Daniels Midland Company
8.20 Kao Corporation
8.21 Yixing Danson Technology
8.22 Songwon Industrial Co. Ltd.
8.23 Sanyo Chemical Industries, Ltd.
8.24 Sinopec Group