Key factors driving this market will be the quality, durability, corrosion and fire protection properties, the upcoming safety regulations and innovative techniques for use along with an increased emphasis on its different types and applications.
Protective coatings include the paints, varnishes and lacquers. They are chemical resistant, water resistant, and protect against fire and corrosion. Asia-Pacific is currently the largest market in this segment, followed by Europe and North America.
The global protective coatings market is segmented by Technology (Water borne, solvent borne, powder and others), by resin type (Alkyd, Acrylic, Epoxy, Polyurethane, Polyester and others), by industry (Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Petroleum & Refining, Industrial processes) and by geography ( North America, South America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and the rest of the world). The key players in the market are Kansai Paint Co. Jotun Paints, Nippon Paints, Valspar Corporation, Sika AG, Asian Paints and Berger Paints.
Governments in emerging economies are increasingly investing on infrastructure development. This will be a major factor driving market growth.
Hike in raw material cost and strict environmental regulations are the major factors impeding market growth.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS?
1) Market Definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Global Protective coatings market with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Global Protective coating market on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness Porters 5 Force Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Investment in Infrastructure & Construction industry in Emerging Economy
4.1.2 Increasing Need for Higher Durability of Products
4.2.1 Increasing raw material costs
4.2.2 Environmental Regulations & Standards
4.3.1 New technologies for Protective Coatings
4.3.2 Eco-Friendly & Cost-effective Protective Coatings
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, CAGR and Forecast)
5.1 By Technology
5.2 By Resin type
5.3 By Type
5.3.1 Coil Coatings
5.3.2 Waterproof Coatings
5.3.3 Heat Resistant Coatings
5.4 By End-User Industry
5.4.2 Aerospace & Marine
5.4.4 Oil & Gas
5.4.5 Power Generation
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, Major Players, CAGR and Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Australia & New Zealand
6.1.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.6 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle-East & Africa
6.5.2 Saudi Arabia
6.5.3 South Africa
6.5.4 Rest of Middle-East & Africa
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers and Acquisition, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
8.2 Market Share Analysis
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, Products & Services, SWOT Analysis, Competitors and Recent Developments)
9.2 AkzoNobel NV
9.4 Asian Paints
9.5 Beckers Group
9.6 Berger Paints
9.10 Kansai paints Co. Ltd.
9.11 Nippon Paints
9.12 PPG Industries Inc.
9.13 RPM International
9.15 Sika AG
9.16 Taiho Paints
9.17 TAO Group
9.18 Teknos Group
9.20 Wacker Chemie AG
9.21 *(List Not Exhaustive)