Automotive Plastics have a lot of unique and useful properties such as toughness, durability, recyclability, thermal stability, resilience, resistance, design flexibility and light weight. They are primarily used in automobiles in the interior, exterior and engine components, to reduce the total weight of the vehicle and thus increase the fuel efficiency. It also improve aesthetics, reduce noise and vibrations, cabin insulations etc.
Among the different types of automotive plastics, polypropylene (PP) accounts for 35% of the global consumption, followed by polyurethanes (PU) (17%). Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) are the other major plastics in great demand in automobile manufacturing. There is an increasing demand for biodegradable varieties such as Starch-based, PHA-, PLA-, PCL-, and PBS-based plastics.
The Asia-Pacific automotive plastics market is segmented by product (Polypropylene, polyurethane, Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Polyethylene (PE), Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA), High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) and Polycarbonate (PC)), by application (Automobile interior, Automobile exterior, under the hood and electrical components) and by geography (U.K., France, Germany, Italy and other countries). Some of the key players in this market are Bayer MaterialScience, DuPont Engineering Polymers, BASF Corporation and Lanxess Corporation.
The increase in raw materials prices and huge capital investment are the major factors impeding market growth.
SPECIALITIES OF THIS REPORT
1) The report will be useful in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the regional market. It will also be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade
2) The report will be an ideal source material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
3) The report contains wide range of information about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
1) Market Definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Outline
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness Porters 5 Force Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Product
5.1.1 Polypropylene (PP)
5.1.2 Polyurethane (PUR)
5.1.3 Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS)
5.1.4 Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
5.1.5 Polyethylene (PE)
5.1.6 Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA)
5.1.7 High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
5.1.8 Polycarbonate (PC)
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Automobile Interior
5.2.2 Automobile Exterior
5.2.3 Under the hood
5.2.4 Electrical components
6. Asia-Pacific Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.3 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Market Shares of Leading Players
7.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Akzonobel N.V.
8.1.2 Major Products and Services
8.1.4 Recent Developments
8.2 BASF Corporation
8.2.2 Major Products and Services
8.2.4 Recent Developments
8.3 Evonik Industries
8.3.2 Major Products and Services
8.3.4 Recent Developments
8.4 ExxonMobil Chemical
8.4.2 Major Products and Services
8.4.4 Recent Developments
8.5 Bayer MaterialScience
8.5.2 Major Products and Services
8.5.4 Recent Developments
8.6 Chevron Phillips
8.6.2 Major Products and Services
8.6.4 Recent Developments
8.7 Dow Automotive
8.7.2 Major Products and Services
8.7.4 Recent Developments
8.8 DuPont Engineering Polymers
8.8.2 Major Products and Services
8.8.4 Recent Developments
8.9.2 Major Products and Services
8.9.4 Recent Developments
8.10 Braskem America
8.10.2 Major Products and Services
8.10.4 Recent Developments
8.11 Lanxess Corporation
8.11.2 Major Products and Services
8.11.4 Recent Developments
8.12.2 Major Products and Services
8.12.4 Recent Developments
8.13 Styron, LLC
8.13.2 Major Products and Services
8.13.4 Recent Developments
8.14 Solvay Advanced Polymers, LLC
8.14.2 Major Products and Services
8.14.4 Recent Developments
8.15 TOTAL Petrochemicals USA, Inc.
8.15.2 Major Products and Services
8.15.4 Recent Developments
8.16 The Vinyl Institute
8.16.2 Major Products and Services
8.16.4 Recent Developments
8.17 Borealis AG
8.17.2 Major Products and Services
8.17.4 Recent Developments
8.18 Magna International Incorporated
8.18.2 Major Products and Services
8.18.4 Recent Developments
8.19 Owens Corning
8.19.2 Major Products and Services
8.19.4 Recent Developments
8.20 Royale DSM N.V.
8.20.2 Major Products and Services
8.20.4 Recent Developments
8.21 Teijin Limited
8.21.2 Major Products and Services
8.21.4 Recent Developments
8.22 Hanwha Azdel INC.
8.22.2 Major Products and Services
8.22.4 Recent Developments
8.23 Lear Corporation
8.23.2 Major Products and Services
8.23.4 Recent Developments
8.24 Quadrant AG
8.24.2 Major Products and Services
8.24.4 Recent Developments
8.25 Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
8.25.2 Major Products and Services
8.25.4 Recent Developments
8.26 Zoltek Company Inc.
8.26.2 Major Products and Services
8.26.4 Recent Developments
8.27 Mitsubishi Motors Corp.
8.27.2 Major Products and Services
8.27.4 Recent Developments
8.28 Honda Motor Co.
8.28.2 Major Products and Services
8.28.4 Recent Developments
8.29 Hyundai Motor Company
8.29.2 Major Products and Services
8.29.4 Recent Developments
8.30 Toyota Motor Corp.
8.30.2 Major Products and Services
8.30.4 Recent Developments