Currently, North America represents largest business in the fuel additives market. However, the market in this region will slip to second position behind the Asia Pacific in the next five years. Asia Pacific will show the highest growth rate during the forecast period, driven predominantly by increasing fuel demand from developing economies such as India and China.
Fuel additives are used to make motor vehicle functions more efficient. They can either be added to gasoline or sold separately. The benefits of fuel additives include superior engine performance and increased power, both of which allow drivers to travel further than they could on basic gasoline.
Apart from these qualities, the fuel additives also work towards reduction of corrosive effects and enhancing combustion properties. Different grades of fuel blends are being widely used in various industrial sectors including commercial, automotive, industrial, and aerospace.
Rigorous environmental regulations, increasing demand for clean and efficient fuel, and depleting crude reserves are the main drivers in this market.
Volatile raw materials prices and huge investment in new material research activities are the major challenges faced by the industry players.
SPECIALITIES OF THIS REPORT
1. The report will be useful in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the regional market for fuel additives. It will also be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade
2. The report will be an ideal source material for industry consultants, fuel additives manufacturers and other interested as well as allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
3. The report contains wide range of information about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
1. Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints.
2. Market analysis for the Fuel Additives market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the fuel additives market on both global and regional scale.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Outline
2. Executive Summary
3. Fuel Additive Overview
4. Market Overview
4.1 Current Market Scenario
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness Porters 5 Force Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Dynamics
5.2.1 Stringent environmental regulations
5.2.2 Demand for clean and efficient fuel
5.2.3 Depleting crude reserves
5.3.1 Rise in demand of alternate fuels
5.3.2 Huge investment in R&D
5.4.1 Demand for Quality Fuel
5.4.2 Expansion Into New & Emerging Markets
6. Market Segmentation and Analysis
6.1 By Product type
6.1.1 Deposit control
6.1.2 Cetane improvers
6.1.6 Fuel Dyes
6.1.7 Cold flow improvers
6.1.8 Antiknock Agents
6.1.9 Other Fuel Additives
6.2 By Application
6.2.4 Other Applications
7. Asia-pacific Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
7.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Market Shares of Leading Players
8.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles
9.1 BASF Corporation
9.1.2 Major Products and Services
9.1.4 Recent Developments
9.2 Chevron Corp.
9.2.2 Major Products and Services
9.2.4 Recent Developments
9.3 ExxonMobil Corporation
9.3.2 Major Products and Services
9.3.4 Recent Developments
9.4 Royal Dutch Shell
9.4.2 Major Products and Services
9.4.4 Recent Developments
9.5 Evonik Industries
9.5.2 Major Products and Services
9.5.4 Recent Developments
9.6 Akzonobel N.V.
9.6.2 Major Products and Services
9.6.4 Recent Developments
9.7 The Lubrizol Corporation
9.7.2 Major Products and Services
9.7.4 Recent Developments
9.8 Afton Chemical Corporation
9.8.2 Major Products and Services
9.8.4 Recent Developments
9.9 DuPont Engineering Polymers
9.9.2 Major Products and Services
9.9.4 Recent Developments
9.10 Chemtura Corp.
9.10.2 Major Products and Services
9.10.4 Recent Developments
9.11 Albemarle Inc.
9.11.2 Major Products and Services
9.11.4 Recent Developments
9.12 Cerion Energy
9.12.2 Major Products and Services
9.12.4 Recent Developments
9.13 Innospec Inc.
9.13.2 Major Products and Services
9.13.4 Recent Developments
9.14 Cummins Inc.
9.14.2 Major Products and Services
9.14.4 Recent Developments
9.15 Total S.A.
9.15.2 Major Products and Services
9.15.4 Recent Developments
9.16 Total Petrochemicals & Refining USA, Inc.
9.16.2 Major Products and Services
9.16.4 Recent Developments
9.17 Baker Hughes Inc.
9.17.2 Major Products and Services
9.17.4 Recent Developments
9.18 Nalco CO
9.18.2 Major Products and Services
9.18.4 Recent Developments
9.19.2 Major Products and Services
9.19.4 Recent Developments
9.20.2 Major Products and Services
9.20.4 Recent Developments
9.21.2 Major Products and Services
9.21.4 Recent Developments
9.22 Petronas Chemicals
9.22.2 Major Products and Services
9.22.4 Recent Developments
9.23 Qatar Fuel Additives Company
9.23.2 Major Products and Services
9.23.4 Recent Developments