Desalination plants or equipments can be used for various applications like municipal, Industrial Applications etc. Desalination is mainly used for Municipal Application and so it accounts for about 68 % of the global desalination capacity and is therefore the major consumer of the desalination equipments and plants market.
The fastest growing market of desalination Equipments and system in the world is Middle East Region which has the most market share i.e. 40 % in the whole global market and is the fastest growing market. The market in America and Europe is well developed but is not showing growth as much as the Middle East or Asia pacific market. The Asia pacific market is on the 2nd position in the list of fastest growing markets.
Desalination industry is showing such an immense growth in the market because of the high demand of the fresh water in the Middle East and the Asia pacific region and the abundance of oceans and brackish water sources in the Middle East region. Increase in urbanization and industrialization in developing countries have led to over exploitation of the ground water and the surface water resources which have led to the scarcity of water in these countries because of which they have to look for alternate methods to obtain fresh water. The non-existence of any water related infrastructure in most of the countries have also led to development of the desalination industry.
Market players are concentrating on innovating a more cost effective and eco-friendly technology of desalination of the Seawater and the result of this process was the switch from Thermal desalination technology to Sea water Reverse osmosis systems (SWRO) which is more efficient and less energy consuming and because of this switch in the technology the desalination costs which used to be around $2.25/m3 in 1972 when mainly thermal desalination was used has now dropped to $0.75/m3 .
Key Players in the global Desalination equipment market after the advent of the membrane technologies for desalination are the major companies which were thw pioneers of the membrane industries they are now becoming the major market players in the desalination equipment industry also. The major players in the industry are Koch membrane systems, Dow chemicals, Dupont chemicals etc. but the other major players are the experienced one in the desalination industry like Acciona Inc., Cadagua Inc., Doosan Heavy Industries and Construction ltd. Are still the major players andhave a major market share under them but they are now in the race to come up with the a new and innovative system for the desalination which is ecofriendly and have efficient sludge treatment system so that discharge of the sludge in the sea water or somewhere else does not pollute the environment.
1. Market analysis for the Global Desalination System Market , with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global Desalination System market on both global and regional scales
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is booming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Desalination System Market
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness Porters Five Force Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Demand for Fresh Water Resources on the Rise
4.1.2 Abundance of Sea Water and Brackish Water Sources In Middle-East Countries
4.1.3 Increase in Urbanization and Industrialization
4.1.4 Lack of Existence of Water Infrastructure
4.2.1 High Cost of Treatment and Equipments
4.2.2 High Energy Consumption by the Desalination Equipments
4.3.1 Stringent Environmental Regulations
4.3.2 Developing Market around the Globe
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Technology of Separation
5.1.1 Thermal Technology
126.96.36.199 Multi-stage Flash Distillation (MSF)
188.8.131.52 Multi Effect Distillation (MED)
184.108.40.206 Vapour Compression Distillation
5.1.2 Membrane Technologies
220.127.116.11 Electrodialysis (ED)
18.104.22.168 Electrodialysis Reversal (EDR)
22.214.171.124 Reverse Osmosis (RO)
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Municipal Application
5.2.2 Industrial Application
6. Regional Market Analysis
6.1 North America
6.1.1 United States
6.1.4 Rest of North America
6.2.2 United Kingdom
6.2.7 Rest of Europe
6.3.4 South Korea
6.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle-East and Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.3 South Africa
6.5.4 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
7.3 Market Share Analysis
7.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Acciona Inc.
8.2 BI water
8.3 Cadagua Inc.
8.4 Degremont SAS
8.5 Doosan Heavy Industries & construction ltd.
8.6 GE Company
8.7 Genesis Water Technologies
8.8 Hyflux ltd.
8.9 IDE technologies Ltd.
8.10 Koch membranes systems
8.11 Dow Chemicals
8.12 DuPont Chemicals ltd.