Acrylic acid and its derivatives are widely used in industrial processing. The major markets for acrylic acid and its derivatives include surface coatings, adhesives, plastic additives and co-monomers. Acrylic esters include methyl acrylate, butyl acrylate, ethyl acrylate, 2-ethylhexyl acrylate and others. It is also used to produce polyacrylic acid or cross-linked polyacrylic acid compounds, which are used in the manufacture of super absorbent polymers. These polymers have wide range of applications in hygienic products, detergents, and waste water treatment chemicals.
Stringent government regulations pertaining to the environmental safety & human health and volatile prices of the raw materials are restricting the growth of the market globally. The acrylic acid market is fragmented with top five companies accounting for less than 50% of the market in 2013. The key participants include Dow Chemicals, BASF, Rohm and Haas, Formosa Plastics and Arkema SA among others.
SPECIALITIES OF THIS REPORT
1) The report will be useful in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the regional market. It will also be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade
2) The report will be an ideal source material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
3) The report contains wide range of information about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
1) Market Definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
2.2 Research Methodology
2.3 Report Outline
3. Executive Summary
4. Acrylic Acid Polymers
4.2 Current Market Scenario
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Industry Attractiveness Porters 5 Force Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Dynamics
5.2.1 Rising Demand In Emerging Markets like China, India
5.2.2 Growing Applications Of Super Absorbent Polymers
5.2.3 Rapid Expansions By The Major Players
5.3.1 Increasing Raw Material Costs
5.3.2 Environmental Concerns And Health Hazards
5.4.1 Bio-Based Acid
6. Market Segmentation and Analysis
6.1 By Derivative Types
6.1.1 Acrylic esters
22.214.171.124 Methyl acrylate
126.96.36.199 Ethyl acrylate
188.8.131.52 Butyl acrylate
184.108.40.206 2-Ethylhexyl esters
6.1.2 Acrylic polymers (Glacial)
220.127.116.11 Super absorbent polymers
18.104.22.168 Water treatment polymers
6.1.3 Other derivatives
22.214.171.124 Ammonium polyacrylate
6.2 By Application
6.2.1 Surface coatings
6.2.2 Adhesives and sealants
6.2.3 Plastic additives
6.2.4 Surfactants & Flocculants
7. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
7.2.2 United Kingdom
7.2.4 Rest of Europe
7.3.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.4 Rest of the World
7.4.1 Latin America
7.4.2 Middle East & Africa
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
8.2 Joint Ventures & Collaborations
8.3 Market Share Analysis
8.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Products & Services, Financials, Recent Developments)
9.1 BASF SE
9.2 Evonik Industries AG
9.3 The Dow Chemical Co.
9.5 Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd.
9.6 Bayer AG
9.7 Wanhua Chemical Group
9.8 Formosa Plastics Co.
9.9 LG Chem Ltd.
9.10 Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings
9.11 Rohm and Haas
9.13 American Acryl
9.14 Sinopec Group
9.15 Idemitsu Petrochemical
9.16 Beijing Eastern Petrochemical
9.17 Jiangsu Jurong Chemical
9.18 StoHaas Monomer
9.20 Procter & Gamble Co.
9.21 SDP Global Co. Ltd.
9.22 Sumitomo Seika Chemicals Co. Ltd.
9.23 Beiersdorf AG
9.24 Kao Corporation
9.25 Yixing Danson Technology
9.26 Songwon Industrial Co. Ltd.
9.27 Sanyo Chemical Industries, Ltd.