Superabsorbent polymers (SAPs) are materials that possess the ability to absorb and retain large volumes of liquid or aqueous solutions. This makes them ideal for usage in water absorbing applications such as baby nappies, adult incontinence pads, absorbent medical dressings and controlled release drugs. Product segments in this industry are majorly three: sodium polyacrylate, polyacrylamide copolymer and others. These polymers are commonly available in granular, solid or powder and cross-linked forms.
Expansions and new investments for SAP plants in the recent past indicates that the industry is on its way to expand globally and as a result, global SAP suppliers are strengthening their presence in emerging markets. Along with these factors, the growing diaper industry will also continue to drive the demand for SAP. However, the SAP industry will have to overcome challenges, such as the availability and price volatility of raw materials and changing health regulations, in order to meet the increasing demand from the growing diaper industry.
This report contains information on analysis of the market segmented by product type (Polyacrylamide, sodium polyacrylate and others), By application (Baby diapers, adult incontinence products, Sanitary napkins, agriculture support products and others) and by geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world). Some of the key players in this market are BASF SE, Procter and Gamble Co., Bayer AG and Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings.
Increase in population and awareness of personal hygiene are the decisive drivers in this market.
Expensive raw materials and lack of a fixed price margin along with global changes in health regulations norms are identified to be the major restraints impending market growth.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
1) Market Definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Outline
2. Executive Summary
3. Superabsorbent Polymers
3.2 Current Market Scenario
3.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.4 Industry Attractiveness Porters 5 Force Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.2.1 Population Growth
4.2.2 Rising hygiene awareness
4.2.3 Increasing demand for baby diapers and adult diapers in emerging economies
4.3.1 Raw material availabilityand price volatility
4.3.2 Changing health regulations
4.4.1 Bio-based SAPs
4.4.2 New technologies
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.2 Sodium Polyacrylate
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Baby Diapers
5.2.2 Adult Incontinence Products
5.2.3 Sanitary Napkins
5.2.4 Agriculture Support
5.2.5 Others (Food Packaging, Healthcare, etc.)
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.1 North America
6.1.1 United States
6.2.2 United Kingdom
6.2.4 Rest of Europe
6.3.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.4 Rest of the World
6.4.1 Latin America
6.4.2 Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures & Collaborations
7.3 Market Share Analysis
7.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Products & Services, Financials, Recent Developments)
8.1 BASF SE
8.2 Evonik Industries AG
8.3 Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd.
8.4 LG Chem Ltd.
8.5 SDP Global Co. Ltd.
8.6 Sumitomo Seika Chemicals Co. Ltd.
8.7 Procter & Gamble Co.
8.8 Bayer AG
8.9 Wanhua Chemical Group
8.10 Formosa Plastics Co.
8.11 Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings
8.13 Johnson & Johnson
8.15 Colgate-Palmolive Company
8.16 Avon Products Inc.
8.17 Beiersdorf AG
8.18 EstÃ©e Lauder Companies
8.19 Archer Daniels Midland Company
8.20 Kao Corporation
8.21 Yixing Danson Technology
8.22 Songwon Industrial Co. Ltd.
8.23 Sanyo Chemical Industries, Ltd.
8.24 Sinopec Group