Argentina offers potential for subscription growth, however high churn rates and declining voice ARPS remain a challenge. The Mobile segment dominates the Argentinian telecommunication industry, with increasing data revenues offsetting the fall in voice revenues. However, high mobile sector specific taxation will lead operators to bear the cost or pass it on to the customer.
Premium industry reports provide a comprehensive market view including sections on: industry risk & reward, key industry trends and drivers, industry SWOT analysis, industry benchmarking to compare key performance indicators with regional and global markets, competitive landscape, and innovation.
A large telecom market
Argentina’s mobile subscription increased at a CAGR of 2.4%, from 58.3 million in 2012 to 64.1 million in 2016, with 70.2% subscriber penetration. It is expected to increase to 72.1 million (subscriber penetration level of 70.6%) by 2021 due to higher adoption of mobile phones.
Fast growing LTE market
In terms of 4G adoption, Argentina is one of the fastest growing markets in Latin America. LTE services were immediately launched within days of the 4G spectrum auction in October 2014. In around six months it attained one million users, at a rate of almost one new 4G user every 10 seconds, which resulted in a rising CAGR of 931.7% during 2014-16. Also, according to the industry estimates, Argentinians have consumed 24.2 PB (Petabyte) of mobile data per month in 2015, with the 3G and 4G subscriber penetration expected to reach approximately 55% by 2021.
Increasing telecom investments in Argentina
Increasing investments by telecom operators, particularly in mobile internet network expansion, are expected to have a positive impact on market growth. Telefonica, Telecom Personal, and America Movil have announced intentions to invest US$2.6 billion, US$2.1 billion, and US$2.7 billion respectively by 2020. In February 2017, Telecom Argentina completed the construction of the basic ICT converged telecom service over cloud infrastructure. This allows it to put all-cloud core networks into commercial use by utilizing Huawei’s DWDM as a means of offering voice and data services to 2G/3G/4G subscribers.
- Risk/Reward Index - enables you to assess the risks and potential rewards of investing in the Argentina Telecommunications market in comparison with other Latin American countries.
- Industry Snapshot and Industry View - Key Telecommunications Industry Statistics including fixed/mobile revenue, subscriptions, churn, market share, and ARPS are analyzed to reveal the key issues and trends driving market performance in the Argentina Telecommunications market.
- Industry SWOT Analysis - Discover the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats impacting market performance and investment in the Argentina Telecommunications market.
- Industry Benchmarking - Benchmark how the Argentina Telecommunications market is performing compared to regional and global markets in terms of fixed or mobile revenue, subscriptions, ARPS, penetration, and usage to gauge potential for growth or market entry.
- Competitive Landscape - Analyze and compare the performance of the leading players in the Argentina Telecommunications market by business segment on metrics such as such as churn, ARPU, and subscriber and revenue growth.
- Have technological advances drastically changed the face of the Telecommunications industry?
- How is the market performing in terms of: Revenues, Subscribers, ARPU, and Customer Churn?
- How risky is it to invest in the Argentina Telecommunications industry compared to other Latin American countries?
- What is driving the performance of key industry segments such as Voice, Data, Prepaid, Postpaid, Broadband, and IPTV?
- Who are the leading players in the Argentina Telecommunications industry and how does their performance compare?
- What trends are being witnessed within the Argentina Telecommunications industry?
- How will the breakdown for mobile connection technologies look by 2021?
- What are the Argentina Telecommunications industry’s Strengths and Weaknesses and what Opportunities and Threats does it face?
- How has the financial deals landscape changed in 2015 and 2016?