China Telecom is the largest fixed segment telecom operator in China, holding a market share of 46.5% in 2016 with 258.2 million subscribers; offering a broad spectrum of telecommunication and entertainment solutions. The company has strong market position in all sub-segments of the fixed market. Its internet access services includes wireless internet access services, dial-up and broadband services.
Premium company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the world’s leading telecommunication companies. The reports detail company operations in key geographies as well as comprehensive analysis of each company’s growth strategy and financial performance. Furthermore the reports allow benchmarking company performance through the provision of key performance indicators including: subscriber volumes, subscriber churn, ARPU, and MoU.
Market leader in fixed segment
China Telecom is the largest fixed segment telecom operator in China, offering a broad spectrum of telecommunication and entertainment solutions. The company has leading market position in all sub-segments of fixed markets which includes voice and internet service. Its internet access services include wireless Internet access services, and dial-up and broadband services. The wide range of services allowed it to maintain competitive position in the market.
Weak competitive position in mobile segment
The company has a weaker position in the mobile segment as compared to the competitors. It has a very lower mobile subscriber base as compared to its competitors such as China Mobile and China Unicom. The subscriber base for China Telecom stood at 206.2 million in 2016 while the subscriptions for China Mobile and China Telecom stood at 845.7 million and 293.4 million respectively. China Mobile’s rapid technological advancements has impacted the company’s competitive position.
Growing demand for IoT to bring revenue generating opportunities
China Telecom could leverage from the growing demand of cloud computing. China is the largest and growing market for cloud computing and IoT. The government is also taking initiatives to boost the penetration of the IoT market in the country. China’s IoT market to is expected grow from US$80,000 million in 2015 to US$166,000 million by 2020.
- Company Snapshot - details key indicators and rankings of China Telecom in terms of Subscribers, Revenue, and Market Share in the company’s key markets.
- Company SWOT Analysis - outlines China Telecom’s Strengths and Weaknesses, and Opportunities and Threats facing the company.
- Growth Strategies - understand China Telecom’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluate their outcomes.
- Company Performance and Competitive Landscape - analyze the company’s performance by business segment compared to other players across key markets on metrics such as such as Revenues, Customer Churn, MoU, and Subscribers.
- Key Developments - showcase China Telecom’s significant recent corporate events, changes, or product initiatives.
- How does China Telecom rank among telecommunication service providers in China and globally?
- What is the company’s market share in China?
- What are China Telecom‘s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- How has the company performed since 2012 in terms of Subscriber and Revenue growth, ARPS, Customer Churn, and MOU?
- How has China Telecom performed in comparison to competitors such as China Mobile, and China Unicom?
- What are China Telecom’s strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?