In 2016, China accounted for 98.7% of China Mobile’s total revenue. The company offers a comprehensive range of mobile telecommunications services in all 31 provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities in China and Hong Kong. In 2016, Hong Kong and Pakistan accounted for 0.9% and 0.5% of the company’s total revenue respectively
Premium company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the world’s leading telecommunication companies. The reports detail company operations in key geographies as well as comprehensive analysis of each company’s growth strategy and financial performance. Furthermore the reports allow benchmarking company performance through the provision of key performance indicators including: subscriber volumes, subscriber churn, ARPU, and MoU.
Strong presence across China and Hong Kong
China Mobile is the largest provider of mobile telecommunications services in the world. The company provides a full range of mobile telecommunications services in all of China’s 31 provinces, autonomous regions and directly administered municipalities in Mainland China, as well as in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Such a large subscriber base gives the company a competitive advantage due to which it can afford to spend on research and development (R&D).
Declining mobile voice ARPS limiting the revenue growth
The decline in mobile voice ARPS limits growth in total mobile service revenue. China Mobile’s Voice ARPS in China declined at a CAGR of -7.5%, from US$7.2 per month in 2012 to US$5.2 per month in 2016 due to the popularity of over-the-top (OTT) messaging services. Although the company posted a robust growth in data ARPS, it could not offset the negative impact.
Strong growth potential in data services business
Data services offer China Mobile a considerable growth opportunity. The firm is able to provide wireless data traffic business, application, and information services, from music and video to payment wallets and location services. Due to its vast customer base the firm is well positioned to benefit from the demand for mobile data
- Company Snapshot - details key indicators and rankings of China Mobile in terms of Subscribers, Revenue, and Market Share in the company’s key markets.
- Company SWOT Analysis - outlines China Mobile’s Strengths and Weaknesses, and Opportunities and Threats facing the company.
- Growth Strategies - understand China Mobile’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluate their outcomes.
- Company Performance and Competitive Landscape - analyze the company’s performance by business segment compared to other players across key markets on metrics such as such as Revenues, Customer Churn, MoU, and Subscribers.
- Key Developments - showcase China Mobile’s significant recent corporate events, changes, or product initiatives.
- How does China Mobile rank among telecommunication service providers in China and globally?
- What is the company’s market share in China?
- What are China Mobile‘s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- How has the company performed since 2012 in terms of Subscriber and Revenue growth, ARPS, Customer Churn, and MOU?
- How has China Mobile performed in comparison to competitors such as China Telecom, and China Unicom?
- What are China Mobile’s strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?